William Sharp

Carnero

Isn't this a record for the greatest number of rebuffs for a club against the same player?

We might get him in eventually when he's in his Zimmer frame.

Agree with other posters that this seems to a very hackneyed approach to getting new players in, hopefully we are progressing other possibilities through non standard avenues 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want us to sign him, not now. Because...

It's year 2037. Mel Morris and DCFC are waiting the imminent takeover by Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan. Meanwhile, they have enquired the availability of Blades' Billy Sharp. 

Routines make me feel safe so I quite like them.

The year is 2050, Derby fans are still unaware of who owns the club and how the players are being paid, they’re still stuck in the championship after several Wembley final losses that are all Richard Keoghs fault. Derby are also being linked to a 63 year old Billy Sharp whom they’ve failed to sign for 40 seasons on the bounce. 

1 minute ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Weren't we told we already had targets lined up and ready to go as this would seem to indicate that is not the case.

I was thinking that myself. Suddenly making unsolicited approaches for players would fly in the face of that information.

Which concerns me intensely as inevitably we are going to run out of time if that's our current approach.

Or either end up with no one or do a Fellani. Not that we have lots of money to splash anyway.

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I was thinking that myself. Suddenly making unsolicited approaches for players would fly in the face of that information.

Which concerns me intensely as inevitably we are going to run out of time if that's our current approach.

Or either end up with no one or do a Fellani. Not that we have lots of money to splash anyway.

Perhaps we had targets if the takeover had completed

but more that Mel is continuing to fund transfers í suspect we have downgraded our choices

6 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

This could be a lean window for us  aka as windowlene 

Exactly, I’m not sure this report is f’oriel. Journos always like to promise a the big “reveal.” Will depend if we can keep other suitors at bay. Without him we could be in a jamb. News continues to trickle, vent your spleen I say

Archived