William Sharp

Carnero

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always liked Billy Sharp, natural goalscorer but the way we've set the team up doesn't require a Billy Sharp type striker. Kazim-Richards isn't Ibrahimovic, but he's not bad at linking play up together. You get someone in to sit on the shoulder of the last man, again, they'll be completely isolated. 

If you play with that type of striker, such a Sharp, on their own then you will need to play a much more expansive brand of football and much higher up the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, Coneheadjohn said:

Well need some more goals and if we lose CKR we are going to in deep strife and we are  totally skint.

Short  term loan,proven goal scorer,really good guy.

I am ok with this.

I can tell you we would not be his first choice but I reckon he’d do the business.

His general play is pretty good too. Like CKR, his experience and enthusiasm would rub off on the squad. 

Still not convinced he'll come though. 

Not the type of striker we need. He will just get isolated up top on his own, like Marriott and Waghorn do. We need someone who can drop into that CKR role, either rotating with him or coming off the bench later on when he is tired. If we sign Sharp we either have to play him in a system that won’t suit him, or change the system that is serving us so well right now.

3 minutes ago, Floppy Sausage said:

Not the type of striker we need. He will just get isolated up top on his own, like Marriott and Waghorn do. We need someone who can drop into that CKR role, either rotating with him or coming off the bench later on when he is tired. If we sign Sharp we either have to play him in a system that won’t suit him, or change the system that is serving us so well right now.

If we have the ball on the wing, I know who I'd rather have in the box between CKR and Billy Sharp. 

If he can still tilt and turn and lay the ball off he could prove to be the main escape window signing. Looking more like a dormer than an active inquiry. He has been quite a Sharp blade and would have provided more cutting edge if we had forked out on him. I wonder if we have laid an offer on the table.

Archived