Derby County on this day

derby8

On 04/03/2021 at 07:30, Mucker1884 said:

Damn!  Missed it!

... 2 days ago...

2nd March 1946

A 3-4 win at Villa Park in the FA Cup QF First Leg. 
In front of 76,588, which remains their attendance record to this day... 75 years later!  (Maybe they had high hopes of winning T'Cup that year?)

Each goal scored by legends still oft remembered today... Sammy Crooks, Raich Carter, and 2 for Peter Doherty.

Just a home draw next week in the second leg, and... whisper it... we'll be in the semi final!

We couldn't... COULD WE?   
#daretodream ?

?

We also still hold the record attendance at Lincoln, 23136, 4th Round League  Cup replay, 3-0 to the Rams , the famous 1967-8 season, when we lost to the dirties in the semi final. 

Lincoln fans chucking bricks at our train afterwards- the one which hit our window thankfully didn't make it into the compartment ....

On 28/02/2021 at 10:21, Reggie Greenwood said:

I remember a game at the BBG where Arsenal had both Bob McNab and Alan Ball sent off. Think we only won 1-0 a Steve Powell goal ? 

That game was not tasty!

Remember Toddy breaking down the right wing in front of the Popside, McNab came in with a strong tackle but Toddy went straight through  it as if McNab didn't exist, making him look a right prat. 

It was shortly afterwards when he sought to impose himself again that the ref invited him to leave the field!

21 minutes ago, Dordogne-Ram said:

That game was not tasty!

Remember Toddy breaking down the right wing in front of the Popside, McNab came in with a strong tackle but Toddy went straight through  it as if McNab didn't exist, making him look a right prat. 

It was shortly afterwards when he sought to impose himself again that the ref invited him to leave the field!

I was stood on the Popside as usual that day and yes all the “action” was right in front of it 

1 hour ago, Dordogne-Ram said:

They had two worse than him - the loathsome Bremner and the off-the-ball merchant Giles.

Bremner has to be the most loathsome player of all time.

i couldn’t believe my ears when at a Brian Clough Tribute night, Archie Gemmill picked Billy Bremner of the Damned United as the best player he had ever played with!!! 

at a Brian Clough tribute - a Leeds player!!

I still think that must be a warped sense of humour. 
(especially since he was sat next to Kevin Hector)

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

Bremner has to be the most loathsome player of all time.

i couldn’t believe my ears when at a Brian Clough Tribute night, Archie Gemmill picked Billy Bremner of the Damned United as the best player he had ever played with!!! 

at a Brian Clough tribute - a Leeds player!!

I still think that must be a warped sense of humour. 
(especially since he was sat next to Kevin Hector)

Still bitter after not being selected for the European Cup Final?

I remember hearing Cloughie when asked who was the best player he ever had saying: "Archie Gemmill thinks it's him but it wasn't. It was Roy McFarland. Archie - you're the second best".

23 minutes ago, derby8 said:

6 March 1976, Derby 4 Newcastle 2, Rioch 2, Newton, George, FAC.

That was a truly great game. Best free kick ever.

wow I was there for the Newcastle game. Nine year old however was getting crushed at the Ossie end had to be taken out of the crowd before the start of the game to go to the medical room it was scary. Missed the whole game however one of my favourite football goals ever scored was the 4th goal by George simplicity but brilliant (take a look on you tube) the Hector back flip and then will always remember the detail of the goal right down to George taking a little touch just before he shoots to set the finish up and then he sinks to his knees and realises the rams are in the semi-finals.

13 minutes ago, Joe said:

wow I was there for the Newcastle game. Nine year old however was getting crushed at the Ossie end had to be taken out of the crowd before the start of the game to go to the medical room it was scary. Missed the whole game however one of my favourite football goals ever scored was the 4th goal by George simplicity but brilliant (take a look on you tube) the Hector back flip and then will always remember the detail of the goal right down to George taking a little touch just before he shoots to set the finish up and then he sinks to his knees and realises the rams are in the semi-finals.

If only he had of been fit for the semi final, who knows....

9th March 1946

Following last weeks 3-4 win at Villa Park in the first leg, Raich Carter scores for The Rams to secure a 1-1 draw at home to Aston Villa in this FA Cup Quarter Final second leg, in front of 32,000 at The BBG.

A (One Leg) Semi Final against Birmingham City at Hillsborough, now awaits The Rams, looking to win this competition for the first time, having previously been runners up three times.

#daretodream ?