Derby County on this day

derby8

2 minutes ago, derby8 said:

Perhaps WR will read it and it'll inspire him to stay and try himself.

Reading that Ancelotti wants to stay at Everton for new stadium at least in 2024 and United after Ole may go for a non United man next time. So who knows what might happen...

I wouldn’t worry for now. Wazza still has a lot to prove and is still learning his trade, not the finished article yet.

22 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I remember a game at the BBG where Arsenal had both Bob McNab and Alan Ball sent off. Think we only won 1-0 a Steve Powell goal ? 

Maybe this one....can’t say that I remember it.

9A072A78-AC0E-40E6-B289-2E694609292B.thumb.jpeg.335d91b2bc47546d0affbbc2ab044b91.jpeg

22 hours ago, derby8 said:

1 March 1997, Derby County 3 Chelsea 2, og, Asanovic, Ward.

Great game this one! Weirdly I remember that Frank Lebouf always seemed to stand out one way or another in games against us for Chelsea whether it was a red card, a goal or an own goal. Just always seemed heavily involved in some manner ?

Damn!  Missed it!

... 2 days ago...

2nd March 1946

A 3-4 win at Villa Park in the FA Cup QF First Leg. 
In front of 76,588, which remains their attendance record to this day... 75 years later!  (Maybe they had high hopes of winning T'Cup that year?)

Each goal scored by legends still oft remembered today... Sammy Crooks, Raich Carter, and 2 for Peter Doherty.

Just a home draw next week in the second leg, and... whisper it... we'll be in the semi final!

We couldn't... COULD WE?   
#daretodream ?

?

On 08/02/2021 at 00:40, Coconut said:

Yep, a dark, dark day in DCFC history. Little did the 4-1 scoreline reflect that at the time.

The beginning of the end of our attempts to get into the PL under Morris' stewardship & a massive turning point in us abandoning the very things which had brought us success up to that point with McCLaren as manager.

Still, we made a little profit from some gullible fools in West Yorkshire (minus the 700k we gave to his mum to scout Kylian Mbappé, whhops!) and saw some nice individual goals, so that's fine.

You have never liked him since his Mum turned you down ?