Derby County on this day

derby8

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

That was a cracking day out. The Lessta lot were so mardy, Savage was a Bamford, Matt Elliott was like a big girl, and they attempted to attack us after the game which was exciting for about 10 seconds until they all ran off.

Savage and Elliott attempted to attack you!

Kermit The Frog Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, derby8 said:

26 February 2005, Nottingham Forest 2 Derby County 2, Rasiak 2.

I really enjoy checking this thread!

This didn't jump out in my memory at all like most forest Derby games do. Just watched the highlights back and it came flooding back to me.

Let's hope CKR can dominate them tonight the way Rasiak did that season!

Well worth a watch:

3 minutes ago, derby8 said:

28 February 1970, Liverpool 0 Derby County 2, Hennessey, O'Hare.

Walloping a side like that 6-0 on aggregrate over 2 League matches that season ?

Later this year we'll be celebrating 50 years since our first League title winning season & it'd be great to have a dedicated thread with the matches as they happened exactly 50 years previously. Sure I can dig out the old DET match reports but even better to overlay with memories from the lucky sods on here who were there to witness it ?

13 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Walloping a side like that 6-0 on aggregrate over 2 League matches that season ?

Later this year we'll be celebrating 50 years since our first League title winning season & it'd be great to have a dedicated thread with the matches as they happened exactly 50 years previously. Sure I can dig out the old DET match reports but even better to overlay with memories from the lucky sods on here who were there to witness it ?

That is a wonderful idea. I was lucky enough to have experienced it

Beating all the top sides easily

quality football

cracking players who gave 100% every game

Packed  BBG

Brian Clough and Peter Taylor

Edited by StrawHillRam

Just now, StrawHillRam said:

That is a wonderful idea. I was lucky enough to have experienced it

Beating all the top sides easily

quality football

cracking players who have 100% every game

Packed  BBG

Brian Clough and Peter Taylor

Even family members of mine with next to no interest in football still talk about that period, it must have been unreal to be a part of as a fan.

Obviously the football was different class but just as interested in the matchday experience as that season went on. Where folk stood, memories of opposition fans, matchday rituals, media reaction at the time, amusing chants/songs, anything however (seemingly) trivial. Be great to read from you all when it gets up & running ?

16 hours ago, derby8 said:

27 February 1971, Derby County 2 Arsenal 0, McFarland, Hector.

Colin Todd debut.

Toddy played in midfield as we had Mackay at the back. Afterwards when discussing the match I remember being shocked when my brother nominated Todd as man of the match. I was shocked at the thought that anyone could come into that team and be better than the players we already had. It was on match of the day that night. I can remember Boulton finger tipping a shot over the bar at the Ozo end. Charlie George played for them. We must have been late getting picked up because I also remember us passing the Arsenal team coach on the way home. Charlie George was sat on his own at the front eating a huge bag of crisps. Bob Wilson had his head in his hands. He got kicked in the head in a melee down at the Normanton end.  

53 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Perhaps WR will read it and it'll inspire him to stay and try himself.

Reading that Ancelotti wants to stay at Everton for new stadium at least in 2024 and United after Ole may go for a non United man next time. So who knows what might happen...