Derby County on this day

derby8

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

One year ago today drove down to London to stay in an hotel the day before the Millwall game only to hear on the radio on the way down that all the games had been cancelled.Spent Saturday afternoon in the blind beggar pub.

I used to work in Barclays Bank opposite the Blind Beggar in the late 80s. Used to go in there every night after work...didn’t see Ronnie though ?

Wednesday 14th March 1984 - FA Cup 1/4 final replay Derby 0 Plymouth 1

Steve Cherry let's one in direct from a corner.

Years later saw him play for Kidsgrove at Matlock. I was still angry and told him so...after 15 minutes he wasting time at 0-0 and after 90 minutes he had conceded four goals.

Couple of years after the 1/4 final replay does anyone remember his antics in goal for Plymouth goading Derby fans by suggesting we as supporters were at the very bottom of his thoughts? He conceded four that day as well as Derby won the league.

7 minutes ago, Joe said:

Years later saw him play for Kidsgrove at Matlock. I was still angry and told him so...after 15 minutes he wasting time at 0-0 and after 90 minutes he had conceded four goals.

Couple of years after the 1/4 final replay does anyone remember his antics in goal for Plymouth goading Derby fans by suggesting we as supporters were at the very bottom of his thoughts? He conceded four that day as well as Derby won the league.

Hate to keep on saying it but if it weren’t for him there wouldn’t have been a replay in the first place. He was magnificent at Plymouth. Leaving when Cox took over was probably the biggest mistake of his career, even bigger than letting that corner in.

Personally I save my ire for the decision to take Bobby off and put Dave Watson up front when we were chasing a goal. 

37 years ago. Wow.

35 minutes ago, Joe said:

Remember that replay so well coming away from the BBG wondering if we had a club to watch. One of the lowest points of been a Derby fan. 

1 hour ago, Joe said:

I remember Graham Richards commentating that it was the most crass pieces of goalkeeping that he had seen.

They got beat by Watford in the semis anyway.