Outgoings

Dimmu

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, r4derby said:

I understand all of that. We need money to pay the wages. But, selling some of your high earners for a million is surely better than selling one of your youngsters for £6mill plus. Why? Because you’re taking the high earners off the wage bill you need to pay. We need to bring the wages down, that’s the key issue here. Selling a couple of youngsters won’t solve the problem, it woo be a plaster over a gaping wound. We need to bring the wage bill down where possible.

I understand what you, and others, have responded to it. I personally would do all I can to keep Knight and Buchanan, and potentially Sibley, as the core of our team regardless of division

I agree to an extent, I don't think anyone on here would prefer to keep others over the likes of Knight etc. Knight is my favourite player in the team, I love watching him play. I'd much rather be watching Buchanan and Sibley. But it's a needs must. And tbh, I can see us needing £6 million far more than I can see us needing £1 million. 

If this takeoever doesn't happen in 2 weeks' time, and who knows, we will need to find December AND January wages from somewhere. To use your analogy, that is a gaping wound that needs to be covered by whatever you can play your hands on.

If the money arrives today, it might just change everything and we can keep the lot. 

On the wage front btw, they're not nearly as bad as it was. Now the likes of Keogh, Johnson and Martin have gone, our wage bill (Rooney aside) is pretty standard. 

7 hours ago, r4derby said:

I understand all of that. We need money to pay the wages. But, selling some of your high earners for a million is surely better than selling one of your youngsters for £6mill plus. Why? Because you’re taking the high earners off the wage bill you need to pay. We need to bring the wages down, that’s the key issue here. Selling a couple of youngsters won’t solve the problem, it woo be a plaster over a gaping wound. We need to bring the wage bill down where possible.

I understand what you, and others, have responded to it. I personally would do all I can to keep Knight and Buchanan, and potentially Sibley, as the core of our team regardless of division

but you can't sell them if nobody wants them because their wages are too high.  this has been an issue for the last few years, stuck with players on high pay and then losing all their value when they walk at the end of the contract

6 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

How did we ever get to this? If it wasn't so tragic it would be comical.

Fiduciary mismanagement? That can't be laid at Sam Rush' door anymore he left ages ago. Only one constant throughout all of this. 

I'd say 2 constants really

I’d imagine Davies is one of the higher earners, out of contract and doubt he’d fully recover - maybe offer him a coaching role here. 

I’d rather loan out Lawrence or Waghorn than let any youngster move for peanuts.

A loan where they’d get wages paid to cover our arses till the takeover is completed. 

Assuming Knight and sibley are sold to raise funds to pay the salaries of a number of other Derby players who have such poor form the clubs in a relegation fight.

Assuming transfer embargo exists to failure to pay players salaries, players who have such poor form that their large salaries aren't justified.

Assuming transfer embargo means club can sell talent but not buy new talent and even if they could buy new talent who would come that was a worth while replacement with the club requiring much greater quality players to survive a relegation fight

4 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Assuming Knight and sibley are sold to raise funds to pay the salaries of a number of other Derby players who have such poor form the clubs in a relegation fight.

Assuming transfer embargo exists to failure to pay players salaries, players who have such poor form that their large salaries aren't justified.

Assuming transfer embargo means club can sell talent but not buy new talent and even if they could buy new talent who would come that was a worth while replacement with the club requiring much greater quality players to survive a relegation fight

That's a lot of Assuming 

Does anyone know what happens with FFP/P&S if we failed but also got relegated?

Just think about the idea of selling on the high wage earners. The reality is that we couldn't. In this situation no club is going to match their wages and give us a fee. What is possible is that we might be able to give some of them away. The problem is that they have a book value and we'd make an instant FFP loss. That in itself might not be a bad thing if we know we are already going down anyway- better to sort out the cash flow than the theoretical P&L. But it would certainly be bad news if we started next season with a points deduction in League 1.

5 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Just think about the idea of selling on the high wage earners. The reality is that we couldn't. In this situation no club is going to match their wages and give us a fee. What is possible is that we might be able to give some of them away. The problem is that they have a book value and we'd make an instant FFP loss. That in itself might not be a bad thing if we know we are already going down anyway- better to sort out the cash flow than the theoretical P&L. But it would certainly be bad news if we started next season with a points deduction in League 1.

Technically, we would get the P&S penalty in the season we get charged. Based on history, I would bet on the EFL charge coming next season.

What makes the whole thing bizarre is that P&S is there to help clubs going under. However, the rules are preventing us from doing that as we get punished for getting in what money we can. I guess this is why so many have been pushing for a wage cap.

I'm sorry I just don't believe for a second that we haven't actually got any money to pay wages. This is just totally ridiculous. How has this only just become a problem. You know in advance when the wages are due. Mel isn't that skint, he's still a rich man. Pearce spent 5 minutes answering this question on radio Derby without actually answering anything at all. This whole situation just stinks to high heaven.

22 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

An additional note:

The high earners are likely to be: Carson, Wisdom, Davies, Malone, Bielik, Lawrence, Jozwiak, Rooney, Marriott and Waghorn.
Several are set to leave at the end of the season so it doesn't matter if they leave now or in the summer (although the EFL may put us in an embargo this month if those transfers make it certain we'll fail P&S - Carson, Wisdom, Davies, Malone, Rooney, Waghorn. You'd expect Rooney to sign a new deal on reduced terms anyway.
Bielik, Lawrence, Jozwiak and Marriott would be the tricky ones to shift in terms of P&S issues, but Bielik and Jozwiak will be in the keep unless absolutely necessary pile. Lawrence and Marriott will probably have a combined book value of £7-8m at this point in their contracts.

3 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

I'm sorry I just don't believe for a second that we haven't actually got any money to pay wages. This is just totally ridiculous. How has this only just become a problem. You know in advance when the wages are due. Mel isn't that skint, he's still a rich man. Pearce spent 5 minutes answering this question on radio Derby without actually answering anything at all. This whole situation just stinks to high heaven.

How do you know how much cash is in Mels bank account? Stephen Pearce said on his interview last night that they had liquidity problems - that was why they were having to look at alternative sources of funding.

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

How do you know how much cash is in Mels bank account? Stephen Pearce said on his interview last night that they had liquidity problems - that was why they were having to look at alternative sources of funding.

Too much licorice.

Archived