Outgoings

Dimmu

Okay, I think I can start the topic with same name in every transfer window. It is more realistic to think about the outgoings than potential arrivals at the moment.

So, the situation is that we are more or less skint and need money & lower the wage bill once again. Nixon claims we have made calls and offered our players around. IMO it would make perfect sense, but it's still just a rumour.

At least some calls have been made as Marriott has already gone, Te Wierik is going back to Groeningen and Holmes is on his way to Huddersfield. Knight and Sibley will always stay in the rumours until they are sold, that we can take guaranteed. Maybe Buchanan as well?

Contracts ending this summer: Rooney, Davies, Idem and CKR are unfortunately not saleable assets. Waghorn, Wisdom and beforementioned Holmes are the rest of them. Most likely we are trying to offload those three. Who else you think might leave and who will make a step up from the youngsters?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Okay, I think I can start the topic with same name in every transfer window. It is more realistic to think about the outgoings than potential arrivals at the moment.

So, the situation is that we are more or less skint and need money & lower the wage bill once again. Nixon claims we have made calls and offered our players around. IMO it would make perfect sense, but it's still just a rumour.

At least some calls have been made as Marriott has already gone, Te Wierik is going back to Groeningen and Holmes is on his way to Huddersfield. Knight and Sibley will always stay in the rumours until they are sold, that we can take guaranteed. Maybe Buchanan as well?

Contracts ending this summer: Rooney, Davies, Idem and CKR are unfortunately not saleable assets. Waghorn, Wisdom and beforementioned Holmes are the rest of them. Most likely we are trying to offload those three. Who else you think might leave and who will make a step up from the youngsters?

Mel Morris hopefully 

17 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Well if MTW does go we cant let Wisdom go as we have no other centre back options other than Evans, dont want to take Bielik out of midfield.

Can see Waghorn going if no sign of a new deal.

Maybe Whittaker goes out on loan, small loan fee and % wages covered, will add to the pot.

Could see Ibe's contract getting cancelled depending on his disciplinary hearing.

Lawrence could possibly demand a decent transfer fee even in this predicament.

Assuming Holmes, Marriott and te Wierik are done deals. I don't think the squad is big enough for more than 1 more outfielder to leave, and that has to be a forward. Ideally, Waghorn given his contract situation.

Marhsall seems to be reliable at staying injury free. I'd accept the highest offer for Roos and let Foster step up as our sub keeper.

We're down to 6 'senior' defenders to see us through to the end of the season. One of which is Buchanan in his first full season of senior football. Our CB options right now are Clarke, Wisdom and Evans (Bielik/ Fozzy as emergency cover). I can't see us letting Wisdom go without someone coming in first. 

5 'senior' CMs. Knight with less than 2 seasons of senior football to his name is our 3rd most experienced midfielder. As Shinnie is our only midfielder with real experience, I can't see him going.

6 'senior' forwards. One of which is Whittaker who many feel isn't ready yet, and Ibe who may never play a game for us if the first 6 months of his contact are anything to go by.

I would suggest loaning out some of the older U23s but the squad depth at first team level suggests we'll need some of them to step up on a regular basis.

19 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Have they gone for definite then. Not that I'm fussed to be honest.

I expect Knight and Bielik to be sold by the start of next week.

Where the hell did we get 4 million to sign Jozwiak if were in this state .  Can see him heading for a club at the top end of this league in a money back deal.

Biggest earner playing must be Lawrence- probably another out the door.

What an absolute cluster

I’m gonna ask the question I’ve not seen anyone else ask in all this hysteria - why do we have to sell Knight, Sibley and other youngsters? They’re not on big wages and as far as we know want to stay and play regular football with us. Now if they ask for a transfer, or we get offered good money, fine. They will likely be off. But until that time, I think offloading higher earners will be better for the long term issues of money and wages.

We also don’t know what the financial situation will be when the takeover is complete. As of right now, we’ve been told the takeover will go ahead as planned. As much fun as it is wasting time wailing and gnashing teeth, I’m prepared to give the club time to do what they’ve said. I’m not interested in people saying “I told you so” of the inevitable break down happens. Good for you, go tell someone who cares. Knight is a Ram, and he will be our player until someone makes an acceptable bid. There are a lot of other players on bigger money who can be offloaded before him. 

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We're going to need to sign an entire squad this summer as it stands.

Not an ideal situation to be in when you haven't got a pot to piss in.

Depends how many of the youngsters can step up. Currently a 28 man squad for next season looks something like this...

Goalkeepers: Marshall, Roos, Foster, Idem
Defenders: Byrne, Evans, Forsyth, Buchanan, McDonald, Ebosele, Archie
Midfielders: Bielik, Bird, Knight, Sibley, Shinnie, JBrown, Watson, Hutchinson
Wingers: Lawrence, Jozwiak, Ibe, Whittaker, Gordon, Wilson
Forwards: Marriott, Stretton, Duncan

?

7 minutes ago, r4derby said:

I’m gonna ask the question I’ve not seen anyone else ask in all this hysteria - why do we have to sell Knight, Sibley and other youngsters? They’re not on big wages and as far as we know want to stay and play regular football with us. Now if they ask for a transfer, or we get offered good money, fine. They will likely be off. But until that time, I think offloading higher earners will be better for the long term issues of money and wages.

We also don’t know what the financial situation will be when the takeover is complete. As of right now, we’ve been told the takeover will go ahead as planned. As much fun as it is wasting time wailing and gnashing teeth, I’m prepared to give the club time to do what they’ve said. I’m not interested in people saying “I told you so” of the inevitable break down happens. Good for you, go tell someone who cares. Knight is a Ram, and he will be our player until someone makes an acceptable bid. There are a lot of other players on bigger money who can be offloaded before him. 

It's people jumping to conclusions. The worst-case scenario (takeover collapse) is collecting enough in transfer fees to cover our wages until the end of the season, which shouldn't be too far off £12m. With the players already on the way out, a new manager's deal for Rooney we should be down to a £9m shortfall. Selling 1 youngster should cover that.

I can't see that scenario occurring.

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I  think he's already there player .  Must have been a free . He was probably the first indication that we had an issue.  Guardiola reckons they can't do without his dressing room influence and is giving him another deal.

My mistake I thought he was loan to them

40 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We're going to need to sign an entire squad this summer as it stands.

Not an ideal situation to be in when you haven't got a pot to piss in.

Thats alright - players we need to sign to be competitive in league 1 wont be as expensive.

38 minutes ago, r4derby said:

We still havent paid the December wages for most of the senior players yet. We need to sell at least one of the youth players for a good fee, so we can pay everyone else. The youth players are our most valuable assets, but if you think one of the other players can be sold for more that is what we will have to do.

If the takeover falls through and Mel genuinely cant cover our expenditure anymore then we wil have to sell as many youth players as we can for as much as we possibly can to keep us in business until the end of the season. If we are that desperate we're going to have to sell everyone for magic beans though

38 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Depends how many of the youngsters can step up. Currently a 28 man squad for next season looks something like this...

?

Oh my

44 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

?

It looks a bit mid table league one to me that does

59 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yeah... we're going down

Archived