Should football continue in New lockdown

ram1964

With the epidemic increasingly effecting all aspects of life. Should football be allowed to continue?

I hope it can ,but a lot depends on clubs and players  being in control of the situation and acting responsible. Far too many players flouting the law and not giving a dammm which I suspect will force authorities cancelling football in the near future. Players need to step up to the plate,realise how privileged they are to still be able to go to work and earn a bloody good living.Start being respectful to their club and fans in these difficult times.

Personally believe footballers at this time should be fined several months wages and made to do community service for disregarding lockdown rules.They are jeopardizing the future of their clubs and the game for everyone. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here Steve. Selfishly, I like having something to look forward to every week but particularly with the news that came out re the cup game at Chorley I’m asking mesen if I’m being too self indulgent. 

This is serious sh it, and we ain’t got a grip on it yet. ?‍♂️

If we lockdown then yes.

At the minute theres no lockdown. Every factory is open, the school my missus works at has 112 pupils instead of the usual 176. We have contractors from Scotland, Liverpool and Northampton currently working in our factory installing new kit alongside our regular workforce. 

Apart from a handful of senior management working from home and 7 at risk people shielding, its business as usual.

I recall way way back in 1985.

Derby were out of the FA Cup.Non league Burton Albion drew Leicester City at home.

The Rams offered the use of the BBG with a much higher capacity than Eton Park.

I drove over from Brum to watch this game.

Burton equalised at 1-1 when some idiot injured the Burton goalie with something thought to be a coin.

Lineker scored a hat-trick and the game ended 6-1.

Neil Warnock was Burton's manager at the time.

The FA ruled the result invalid and the game was ordered to be replayed behind locked doors in Coventry with no supporters of either side.

The result this time was a Foxes win but only 1-0.

Foxes manager Gordon Milne said after the 'replay'.

"It is unfair to ask teams to play in that environment and I wouldn't like to think that any professional side will be asked to do that again.  The crowd is part of the game and you can't perform without them."

Still true 36 years later!

2 minutes ago, Brummie Steve said:

I recall way way back in 1985.

Derby were out of the FA Cup.Non league Burton Albion drew Leicester City at home.

The Rams offered the use of the BBG with a much higher capacity than Eton Park.

I drove over from Brum to watch this game.

Burton equalised at 1-1 when some idiot injured the Burton goalie with something thought to be a coin.

Lineker scored a hat-trick and the game ende 6-1.

Neil Warnock was Burton's manager at the time.

The FA ruled the result invalid and the game was ordered to be replayed behind locked doors in Coventrywith no supporters.

The result this time was a Foxes win but only 1-0.

Foxes manager Gordon Milne said after the 'replay'.

"It is unfair to ask teams to play in that environment and I wouldn't like to think that any professional side will be asked to do that again.  The crowd is part of the game and you can't perform without them."

Still true 36 years later!

Leicester fans threw summat at the Burton keeper. Derby fans in the crowd caused some of the best/worst (depending on your perspective) football hooliganism of that era by fighting with cocky Leicester lads who thought they were just there to bully a non league club's supporters.

On 06/01/2021 at 15:59, Steve How Hard? said:

Selfishly looking at it then I'd like it to continue. However the rise in cases point towards shutting it down being the sensible option at this current time. Just glad it's not my call to make. 

Should have been no cup games this year .  It was silly.  Each team could have played 3-4 more games now.  I can certainly see things being stopped for 4-5 weeks, quite possibly within the week. That was likely and probably anticipated as the Euros have been given a fluid start date.  The season won't finish till end of June I should think. 

15 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Leicester fans threw summat at the Burton keeper. Derby fans in the crowd caused some of the best/worst (depending on your perspective) football hooliganism of that era by fighting with cocky Leicester lads who thought they were just there to bully a non league club's supporters.

That's true Utch.

I recall the ground being pretty packed despite the horrible wire cages they'd put in since my Popside days! (Contributed massively to the Hillsborough tragedy)

They need to cancel the International games in March and do it now.

Football should continue, it has testing in place. It helps enormously for the mental Health of people. Literally there is nothing else to do or watch!

And @uttoxram75makes a good point, if we shut down football why not shut down literally every factory in the UK because I’m sure there has been break outs in many of them - we saw it earlier in year with food processing sites and so on.

No

Derby only thing that's keeping me sane at the moment all needs to happen is players to manager and coach staff. When training day sessions is over they all must get changed in there cars and have all washing done by them. Once that is all done they self isolate from any of there family no matter how hard it is for them unless they new born baby that is different 

Archived