Defence

SamUltraRam

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 31/12/2020 at 12:47, Duracell said:

Off topic here, but I'm so fed up with this accusation being levelled at footballers for the crime of being inarticulate in interviews.

It's perhaps true that Wayne Rooney isn't 'educated', but that doesn't mean he isn't bright. 

I know some incredibly well educated, well-spoken people who I think are incredibly thick. It's the worst part of our society - if you talk a certain way people think you're clever, and if you don't, you're not. Snobbishness is deeply ingrained within us.

Not sure it's quite the worst part of our society.

1 hour ago, rams4ever said:

One thing no ones mentioned - it looks like the team is actively encouraged to s h o o t at goal, if it doesn't come off nothing lost

Sibbo, two shots, both on target, keeper has to make a save and concedes a corner each time.

2-0 was the outcome, simples!

Previously that would have been no shot or at best row Z and a goal kick, (different player). ?

On 31/12/2020 at 11:49, samtheram83 said:

I think this is one of Rooney’s biggest influences.

The turnaround is remarkable. I'm still unable to fathom how it is that Rooney, who virtually waved Blackburn through earlier in the season, has suddenly become evangelical about players defending all over the pitch. ?

But it is so much more positive than before..... 

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

The turnaround is remarkable. I'm still unable to fathom how it is that Rooney, who virtually waved Blackburn through earlier in the season, has suddenly become evangelical about players defending all over the pitch. ?

helps when we have 11 players on the pitch all mucking in 

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

He was more ready to be a manager than even he realised. Rooney does not need money or prestige. He WANTS to be a football manager. Bizarrely he wants to manage Derby County FC. How good is that. COYR

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/12/2020 at 11:25, Anag Ram said:

The midfield has been a huge part of this. 

They snuff out attacks at an early stage. 

On 31/12/2020 at 13:07, David said:

I wouldn’t say I was the most articulate either, I used to cringe listening back to the Podcasts I was on, I have a tendency to mumble and with a deep voice I hate to think how I come across to others at times.

I’m not educated either, if we’re going by GCSE results, just wasn’t interested, Shakespeare, RE, cloud types, wouldn’t say I’m too thick to understand, just didn’t find it interesting enough to engage with and for me that’s a real issue with education these days.

I stumbled into creating websites and the rest is history, found my calling if you like. Rooney is probably the same with football, I wonder how many teachers said to him as a kid, you’ll do nothing in your life if you don’t knuckle down and went on to earn more in a week than they would in 5 years and classmates that went on to Uni to pick up degrees and now stacking shelves in Tesco.

This is way off topic, now ooops ?

Genius in bringing forth this forum. David.

1 hour ago, SamUltraRam said:

3 goals conceded in 11 league games

Any statto's know when that last happened ?

Under Billy Davies we managed 4 goals conceded in 11 but obviously the current run beats that defensively (we won 7 of those games 1-0)

If we let a goal in we lost the game. Derby's defence does not look desperate it looks calm and collected. See old Arsenal for details 

20 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

3 goals conceded in 11 league games

Any statto's know when that last happened ?

Under Billy Davies we managed 4 goals conceded in 11 but obviously the current run beats that defensively (we won 7 of those games 1-0)

We conceded 4 in 11 after Pearson (2 games under Powell and 9 under Mac) we won 8 drew 2 lost 1 and scored 18 goals (we had scored 5 in the previous 12 games under Pearson in all comps)

5 games were 1-0 (4 wins and 1 loss) 

2 were 2-0 wins

2 were 3-0 wins

A 3-2 win and 0-0 and 1-1 draws. 

51 minutes ago, rynny said:

We conceded 4 in 11 after Pearson (2 games under Powell and 9 under Mac) we won 8 drew 2 lost 1 and scored 18 goals (we had scored 5 in the previous 12 games under Pearson in all comps)

5 games were 1-0 (4 wins and 1 loss) 

2 were 2-0 wins

2 were 3-0 wins

A 3-2 win and 0-0 and 1-1 draws. 

Was that the spell where we managed 7 clean sheets in a row at home?

Archived