v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

Margins fudged us this match.

Fat rat face Paterson with a lucky touch.

We look better than most teams we meet now, in my opinion, but when we concede, its like we lose our heads.

Good performance, we deserved it.

Another forward come Jan, would be nice though.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Not a pen for me - if that was the other way around we’d be saying arm was in a natural position. (I suspect most of here will disagree though which I can understand).

We need a goal scorer - as good as CKR is tonight was a classic example where not having good enough quality up there is costing us.

Straight sub bringing Bird on. Shinnie is slightly more offensive than Bird.

It doesn't matter whether you think it was a penalty or not, the rules say it should have been.

Back to earth with a bump ?

We are not out of trouble yet - really good 30 mins but we knew we would regret not scoring.

Silly free kick given away by Sibley, crap defending and we gift a very poor Sheff Wed team 3 points.

Joziak was just awful tonight - stop moaning and fight for the ball FFS ! 

But perhaps it’s unfair to pick on one player tonight as everyone was really poor in the second half.

So disappointing after the highs of Birmingham ?

1 minute ago, Inverurie Ram said:

As soon as I saw Keith Andrews in a bobble hat at the start, commentating on us again, he's not done us for a bit, I thought game over yet again, he always puts the mockers on us. And as the second half moved on, I thought if that donkey Paterson scores against us, I'm nearly ready to throw the towel in on this football club.

Sick and tired of that bit of hope, lasting a couple of days yet again. Another kick in the knackers to start the year off.

Shinnie needs to bury that first chance to set the tempo, instead we go back to square one, yet again.

Goodnight.

He couldn't bury a body he's not a person to score many he's great at nipping around but on the ball a real let down but not much better than him in squad in his position 

6 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

We paid the price for not taking our chances. Should have been out of sight by half-time. Despite having loads of possession in the second half we did very little to threaten their goal.

40 touches in opposition box. We should’ve won. Sometimes Madam football just takes the 9iss. 

2 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

If we " play like that " we will lose all 10  , we have just lost to a side that we're 24th in the league for most negative statistics,  whats happens if we play like that against a team that isn't made up of bin cleaners like sheff wed?

We get smashed. What happens if we play them like we played Birmingham or Swansea?

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Under Cocu we never had so many players ahead of the ball while in possession

There is no comparison. His time here was crap. He's gone. We're better for it. Nothing will change that

This ... this first sentence a ducking thousand times over 

Ref bottled the penalty decision.

we had the chances but couldn’t hit the target.

very frustrating. I’d have liked Bielik to stride forward and hit a 30 yarder but there was little sign of that.

3 minutes ago, Tombo said:

We've played about 10 games like that this season and rarely do we win them. The desire wanes far too easily.

We really haven't. This side is so different to Cocu's. Tonight we tried everything to score. Under Cocu we went whole games with zero shots on target. Our lack of depth showed in the end. When our energy dipped on 60 mins, we had very little to bring on. I'd accept we lacked some quality, but we certainly didn't lack desire.

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

It doesn't matter whether you think it was a penalty or not, the rules say it should have been.

That's the problem. Some games they are given and some they're not. It's the inconsistency that frustrates fans. 

Watching defenders defend in the box with their arms behind their backs is ludicrous. What was wrong with the intentional rule. Handball's are clear when they're intentional.

A sickening result but the performances are unrecognisable from the ones under Cocu. Not just here and there either, pretty much every time. 

The players look up for it and seem to genuinely care about the shirt and their performances.

I'm far from an optimist by nature but I'm confident of a comfortable 11th to 14th midtable finish this season.

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

We were poor in possession second half.

Jozwiak and Sibley anonymous. Bird and Buchanan did not improve things and JHI isn’t quite up to it. 

Very frustrating but the effort is there. Just need better thinking. Long balls in the air to Byrne just isn’t going to work.

Yeah with possession it was there a bit all game, a bit of sloppiness, a bit of aimless punting and a lack of movement and options. 

I think the subs were a case of too little too late. Bird and Buchanan should have been on at around 55 mins and JHI on the second we concede with Bielik or Wisdom coming off. 

But another day and we could have won by 3 or 4 such was the quality of chance on offer.

5 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

This is why I hate relying on the forum for updates when I can't actually watch the game. 

Utter nonsense, totally clueless. 

We started off by playing some of our best football of the last couple of years and only some weak finishing stopped us being 3 or 4 up at half time. 

We tired and the game became a bit more even. They scored a scruffy goal and we looked a bit stunned for 10mins, momentum and confidence unsurprisingly waned.. Plus our weak bench gave us few options but we still kept trying and should have equalised and also had a penalty too. 

Sickeningly disappointing but lots of positives. 

Clueless? Jesus have you fell on your head? SHEFF WED ARE 24TH IN THE LEAGUE IN EVERY NEGATIVE STATISTIC and we lost 1-0  after missing probably 6 shots that were painfully harder to miss than they were to score,  are you sitting there laughing at your comment? We started playing some of the best football in previous years today?  That sentence alone shows your knowledge on the game , we were fighting and winning the ball back for about 20 minutes , the other 70 with crap , and the last 10 were dreadful , jozwiak and byrne gave the ball away that much im sure they are sheff wed spy's in disguise 

Archived