v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

9 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Sorry, but no. Wednesday are the worst attacking team in the league - ranked 24th for virtually every stat. Limiting Wednesdays attacking threat isn't difficult. We dominated the game for the first 25 minutes but we've looked awful ever since. Since then we've created virtually nothing and seem content to casually stroke it across the defence even though we're one down. No movement up top and our deliveries into the box have been crap all game bar a couple from Forsyth.

It’s an opinion game i guess. I’ve seen 5/6 good chances that with a bit of luck or better finishing we score, even right at the end they made a cracking block and we should have had a penalty. Doesn’t matter in the end, if you don’t score you don’t win

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good effort although we started to fade in the last 20 minutes which is understandable after the massive effort versus Brum.

We lost hut should have won and on another day(Brum) we could have scored 4.

Definite penalty , end of.

Another really good game and even after losing we are still looking much better and should be good to get ourselves away from the base of the league in the forthcoming games .

Started really well. Didn’t deserve to lose. But again we’ve got to take our chances when we get them. Then the opposition will take more risks. Not a great second half but there’s no reason to be too pessimistic. We have the game in hand. Still have Lawrence and waggy to come back and hopefully some jan transfers 

If Rooney had another good striker to choose, and wingers to rotate - we would have won that tonight. He’s been incredibly unlucky in his two losses.

Hopefully the take over is announced tomorrow (or Monday?) and we go and get quality additions for both those positions, and centre half.

Grr - Preston and Thief Wednesday should be 6 points, or at least 4.

Anyway - Happy New Year Rans fans!

3 shots on target from 14 attempts is why we lost, no point in blaming anyone but ourselves. That aside it was a good performance, this is why an inform TL is invaluable, we need someone to put the ball in the back of the net.

What the hell 

How earth did ref not see that as not a hand ball and lines men not see that pull on the shirt brought down our player in first half is spec saver got 2 for 1 on offer I but then buy them glasses because they need them 

Frustrating result but I knew our high intensity game was going to come back to haunt us eventually. Used up all our energy in the first 30 minutes and then never really got going again after that. Sheffield Wednesday were pretty bad, but they neutralised Kazim, Sibley, Jozwiak, Shinnie and Bielik very well after their goal.

Poor character after they scored, we got impatient, lazy and angry, shows how little confidence this team has even after our recent resurgence. 

3 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Not worried. We'll win 9 out of 10 games playing like that. Still moving forward.

We've played about 10 games like that this season and rarely do we win them. The desire wanes far too easily.

We were poor in possession second half.

Jozwiak and Sibley anonymous. Bird and Buchanan did not improve things and JHI isn’t quite up to it. 

Very frustrating but the effort is there. Just need better thinking. Long balls in the air to Byrne just isn’t going to work.

3 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Good for about 20 minutes and then everyone went missing. Nothing we didn't see under Cocu, because we had a few like that at the beginning of the season too.

When will we learn that we cannot give 90% and expect that some divine right to win games will see us through.

I'm sure we'll stuff Chorley to prove a point, as if that's finally the turning point, then turn up to the Rotherham game and lay down and die again.

Pathetic. Serious management needed.

Utter nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Why is that a silver lining? If we have no money for transfers or the takeover rumbles on just knowing we need new recruits won't help us.

The person who sanctioned not replacing our highest goalscorer for the past number of seasons this summer needs to be totally castigated. 

I got laughter emojis when I said this (yes your names have been noted) 

this window is ducking huge for us, if this takeover hinders it in anyway we are facing a very big uphill battle 

those who don’t believe that need to realise this 

dcfc are not too big or too good to go down 

I don’t think we will ... I think but I’m sure as hell not taking it for granted that we have enough to get out of this as it stands 

I’m loving the improvement shown by Rooney and co but fundamentally we are still short in key areas 

Keeping my fingers crossed til were mathematically safe 

1 minute ago, Igorwasking said:

If Rooney had another good striker to choose, and wingers to rotate - we would have won that tonight. He’s been incredibly unlucky in his two losses.

Hopefully the take over is announced tomorrow (or Monday?) and we go and get quality additions for both those positions, and centre half.

Grr - Preston and Thief Wednesday should be 6 points, or at least 4.

Anyway - Happy New Year Rans fans!

I didn't see lineups on the bench. Where is Ibe?

Archived