New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought benitez left Newcastle due to just having enough. He stuck by them when they went down, he probably had other offers, they wernt making him a proper offer with a contract & Ashley didn't want to invest in the academy, transfers or the training ground. He looked frustrated before he left

The fans were probably why he stayed at Newcastle. He loved the Liverpool fans & the city. 

Rafa is a winner, he probably wants owners that match his own ambitions which Mike Ashley isnt. 

4 minutes ago, GenBr said:

His release clause is apparently just over £20mill. Khaled does have contacts with Chinese investors though based on his previous bids for Newcastle and Liverpool, so you never know (as unlikely as it is) he might be able to pull a few strings here and there to make something happen.

Jeez. I've made the same connection myself, but upon reflection it's just too much money on a manager...right now. 

28 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Ive been told we have held talks with Benitez, whether he fancies it or not remains to be seen

If anything, likely those talks were no more than a quick call to Rafa's representative. I can't imagine what would be the attraction for Benitez to consider a job with a struggling ch'ship club. If he really wants to manage again in England, he would just need to hang on till a job comes up at a premier league club. That would only be a matter of time. 

32 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Ive been told we have held talks with Benitez, whether he fancies it or not remains to be seen

Wow. Ambitious. A manager who could get us promoted and keep us up.  Isn't the football dull though? Christ what's wrong with me? It's like I don't want to be winning.

Archived