New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Danny Murphy believes that we should re-appoint Nigel Pearson.

I'm firmly of the opinion that Pearson could have succeeded in different circumstances but come on! There's baggage and there's baggage. Possibly the stupidest suggestion ever. 

Is Danny Murphy on meth? That is an absolutely ridiculous line of thinking from someone that clearly has no idea what he is on about.

47 minutes ago, Srg said:

Can’t stand him. Smug, smarmy and cynical. 

You forgot vastly overrated and gets a nosebleed if he goes further north than Watford.

He's not a bad manager by any stetch of the imagination but people looked at Bournmouth's ground not Bounrmouth's chequebook whist he was apparently working miricles. Is he good? sure. would he be a good appointment? Probably. Will i squeak with delight if he gets the job? Na, but I'd be happy Rooney didn't get the corronation the press clearly want.

I keep seeing people say that we shouldn’t go for Howe because him and Ibe don’t get on. As much as I rated Ibe during his loan spell and as much as I was happy to see him sign for this season he’s not kicked a ball and we’re 11 matches in. 

Not blaming the lad at all but not sure his happiness should be at the forefront of our recruitment process.

54 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

I'd rather we beat Barnsley to the post and appoint Balotelli player-manager than get Howe.

There are numerous accounts of fall outs with senior players, and that is before we consider how players like Ibe have fared under him.

Balotelli would NEVER fall out with anyone. Much safer bet. 

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

That bit in bold made me smile. I will probably wait to around game 41 rather than 11 before I feel anything like the dread you have (if you are right that it is a relegation battle to season end). When you have 50 years under your belt supporting this bloody frustrating football club, these still don’t seem like too bad times to me.

Had a nice like from @Deejon this one. Come on Deej, you have been a member for a year but no posts? Let’s be having your opinions, starting off with next manager.

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

Danny Murphy believes that we should re-appoint Nigel Pearson.

I'm firmly of the opinion that Pearson could have succeeded in different circumstances but come on! There's baggage and there's baggage. Possibly the stupidest suggestion ever. 

Murphys analysis and comments are as much value as a fart in a hurricane.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

That bit in bold made me smile. I will probably wait to around game 41 rather than 11 before I feel anything like the dread you have (if you are right that it is a relegation battle to season end). When you have 50 years under your belt supporting this bloody frustrating football club, these still don’t seem like too bad times to me.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful even though I may sound it, what I believe is you can't be thinking about game 40 or the future when the current reality is that we are in a precarious position, I dont take survival for granted I would take 21st if I was offered it now 100%. Things may change for the better and we could finish top half but as it is we are bottom of the table with shocking form so need to focus on getting some wins first and foremost. 

I hope Paul Cook can come here, winning football league titles and doing a great job last season with Wigan all things considering. 
Terry would be an interesting choice, top level football experience, maybe defensive minded?

Eddie Howe did a very good job with Bournemouth but seemed like the plan was to keep them in Premier League at all costs, not progress, field very weak teams in cups. 
Rooney, unsure if he is also playing as well. Advantage is he knows this current team. Wouldn’t be my first choice but let’s support whoever is picked. 

13 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I'm not trying to be disrespectful even though I may sound it, what I believe is you can't be thinking about game 40 or the future when the current reality is that we are in a precarious position, I dont take survival for granted I would take 21st if I was offered it now 100%. Things may change for the better and we could finish top half but as it is we are bottom of the table with shocking form so need to focus on getting some wins first and foremost. 

I didn’t think you disrespectful, and of course we are all different although we do have one major thing in common. I suspect there is c40 years between us and I think that probably the issue here. At your age, assuming you are 21, I had the mob below to frequently worry me. Although we did send the Gumps out of the Cup, and gave Fulham every reason to hate us. 

7ED79078-E69B-458B-9676-1F57DB51C527.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Put a fresh pair of knickers on and calm down. The players we have are significantly better than relegation material. With a change of manager and fresh ideas will sprint up the table and away from bottom 3. In terms of ability, we aren't that far off where we were last season - where we were top 6 material for the second half of the season.

The likes of Wycombe and Coventry are in a relegation battle as their squads are weaker (and smaller) than most. Rotherham and Barnsley will battle it out for the final spot. If we're within a couple points of bottom 3 by the half way point I may start to be concerned. Nothing to worry about for now.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Put a fresh pair of knickers on and calm down. The players we have are significantly better than relegation material. With a change of manager and fresh ideas will sprint up the table and away from bottom 3. In terms of ability, we aren't that far off where we were last season - where we were top 6 material for the second half of the season.

The likes of Wycombe and Coventry are in a relegation battle as their squads are weaker (and smaller) than most. Rotherham and Barnsley will battle it out for the final spot. If we're within a couple points of bottom 3 by the half way point I may start to be concerned. Nothing to worry about for now.

Renee Zellweger Pants GIF by Working Title

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I didn’t think you disrespectful, and of course we are all different although we do have one major thing in common. I suspect there is c40 years between us and I think that probably the issue here. At your age, assuming you are 21, I had the mob below to frequently worry me. Although we did send the Gumps out of the Cup, and gave Fulham every reason to hate us. 

7ED79078-E69B-458B-9676-1F57DB51C527.jpeg

I was 3 people away from where that Fulham player was kicked ?

Archived