New Manager

dantheram

12 minutes ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

Let’s say win win 2 out of the next 3 games, getting 6/7 points when we expect to get 3, or by some outrageous miracle win all 3. Do we give Rooney, Rosenior, Walker and Given longer to prove themselves? Until the midway point, end of the season even? Or do we still look to appoint a new guy?

Does anybody remember ‘The Borg’ from Star Trek?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

You make a fair point, although I think there was something clearly very wrong with the culture at Stoke, and it only just seems to have been turned around. I'd back Jones to do well in a higher-profile job.

Yeah I think he'd do a decent job too, the style and underlying metrics were there, something just within the squad wasn't. They were regularly outplaying teams just weren't winning, but the metrics were there.

40 minutes ago, sage said:

I got cut off back in the day for a comment I made about the 3 Amigos

I was once in the directors box at Coventry as a guest of one of my suppliers of the company I worked for at the time. The day we lost 6-1 at the Ricoh. On the way out I bumped into Jeremy Keith. I can’t remember my exact wording but I do seem to recall addressing concerns about his running of the club by telling him - very loudly - where he could stick his train set and I also recall my interaction attracted some attention from the stewards.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Given the reported family dispute and the fact Man City went at lengths to distance themselves from Sheikh Khaled during the Newcastle attempt, I'd say this is pure speculation.

pure something, but I think speculation is far too polite.....

Archived