4 games unbeaten

B4ev6is

Well guys football is getting better now and lads are looking confident again and not just that we have kepted 2 clean sheets in a row 3 draws and a win and came close to making 2 wins but lads are slowly finding that fight spirt they had at leeds under frank Lampard and same happening under roony.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whereas a lot of people will point to no shots on target today I’d point out a few dangerous crosses and that we are always looking for balls into the box. And the Joz or Lawrence chances are inches from goals. 
4 games unbeaten... how long can it last? Can we make it until Christmas and the get a proper striker in?  

7 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Whereas a lot of people will point to no shots on target today I’d point out a few dangerous crosses and that we are always looking for balls into the box. And the Joz or Lawrence chances are inches from goals. 
4 games unbeaten... how long can it last? Can we make it until Christmas and the get a proper striker in?  

Flood gates will open soon and we will hit 4. Could be next game. Rooney working hard on this in training...getting players to hit the back of the net. Remember we hadn’t scored for 5 games and then De-Forestation.

I do think it could be just around the corner but I starting to think roony could be the one to bring back glory days back. The lads seem to know there roles and there jobs under cocu they always seemed confused what was expected of them.

I wonder if we are too harsh on our players.

I saw the linked YouTube video of a young Beckham. He came on as a sub, scored a great free kick, and turned in a goal-bound deflection.

However, out of his 18 passes and crosses, 12 did not reach his target, and only 2 or 3 seemed to be particularly effective. According to the video's comments, one mis-pass led to the opposition scoring.

I'm not saying that we don't need solid players who convert simple passes - but for some players, maybe we need to support them more when they make mistakes, take risks, and push things to the limit.

(I criticise Lawrence for running at defenders into the box whenever he gets tackled, but, I have definitely been overlooking the importance of him feeling confident enough to take on defenders.

I'm not sure that I've realised the importance of our players' confidence and self-belief until recently - and how vital it has been to getting the team off the foot of the table - and 4 games unbeaten!

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I do think it could be just around the corner but I starting to think roony could be the one to bring back glory days back. The lads seem to know there roles and there jobs under cocu they always seemed confused what was expected of them.

I was confused under Cocu. 

3 hours ago, blue texel ram said:

Krystian Bielik being fit and available is the main difference forget Rooney and Mac

And we need someone to score goals in January otherwise were doomed

Doomed, I tell thee. We will be fine. We need more points than three of Wendies, Wycombe, Rotherham. Florist. Simples probably. Hopefully. Reinforcements at Xmas. Lots of players may want to be in Wayne's project promotion.

I just don't see goals yet. None of the front four have goals in them and the decision to protect the back four with two defensive mids means one less attacker.

Could Bielik play the GT role to enable another attacking option? I don't think Rooney has the guts to do this yet. I'm sure Bird will come in Saturday and he isn't a goalscoring threat either.

24 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I would like to see roony work his magic on Marriott I think his type football suit Marriott a lot better.

Marriott would have been perfect for the game against Brentford. They played a very high line but we had no one running in behind

Archived