Who is to blame

Derby blood

21 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think Mac has noticed a committee doesn't work and it wasn't gonna be Rosenior in charge.

So nothing to do with how poor his been didn't you see macs face half way thu the second half tells you everything! We will see Saturday when Rooney not in there how we in prove but then it be how great Rooney will be as manager its a load of crap! Only coz of his pass his names doesn't mean what it used to but people live by his name like you obviously do! 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

So nothing to do with how poor his been didn't you see macs face half way thu the second half tells you everything! We will see Saturday when Rooney not in there how we in prove but then it be how great Rooney will be as manager its a load of crap! Only coz of his pass his names doesn't mean what it used to but people live by his name like you obviously do! 

Righteo.

On 25/11/2020 at 21:53, CWC1983 said:

Easily 95% of posters agreed at the time. 

they did, and hindsight is a wonderful thing     MM took risks (Lampard and Rooney probably the biggest)   They almost paid off in 18/19 and 19/20.  He took risks I reckon because he saw that some promotion rivals had much more financial firepower and he thought he couldn't take the losses indefinitely.  And now no one can say he's not found a good buyer, because WE DON'T KNOW YET !!!   

On 26/11/2020 at 09:57, RamNut said:

What is a technical director?

can someone please define that role.

the job title is for the media and the outside world.  What's important is what the 'committee' are told SM's responsibilities are. If the board has any sense,  SM has been brought in to be WR's minder, because WR is doing a job he has never done before.    

To put the blame on anybody, its got to be the manager. Cocu lost Martin, Bennett and Marriott and never got in a striker that could score. You could blame the scouting group, recruitment team, but its the manager that should know what is the priority. Most fans would know, that with no out and out goalscorer we would struggle for wins. It annoys me that we don't look in the lower leagues. Brentford gambled on Watkins and now have Toney. We are always linked with washed out Premier league strikers or goalscorers that are obviously way out of budget. Lets get real, look at Division 1 and 2 or Scotland for the right striker. Dykes is doing it for QPR and SCotland, there's got to be others that can step up.

26 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

To put the blame on anybody, its got to be the manager. Cocu lost Martin, Bennett and Marriott and never got in a striker that could score. You could blame the scouting group, recruitment team, but its the manager that should know what is the priority. Most fans would know, that with no out and out goalscorer we would struggle for wins. It annoys me that we don't look in the lower leagues. Brentford gambled on Watkins and now have Toney. We are always linked with washed out Premier league strikers or goalscorers that are obviously way out of budget. Lets get real, look at Division 1 and 2 or Scotland for the right striker. Dykes is doing it for QPR and SCotland, there's got to be others that can step up.

Errrrr.... We have no money and were under a transfer embargo.

10 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Er, we bought Peterborough's last in-form striker before Toney. Look how that's going.

It's about fit. That's what we aren't getting right.

On 25/11/2020 at 21:41, CBRammette said:

This is what is so upsetting - you are totally right. Think probably Sam Rush to blame but then ultimately Mel trusted him

Completely blind to blame anyone other than Morris, we are the club with no class anymore, certainly how I’ve felt with his bullish behaviour 

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Are you watching Kazim-Richards?

Playing well, eh?

Looking forward to seeing Duncan.

They were the strikers available in our price range.

Kazim-Richards is not the answer, he is not an out and out goalscorer 57 goals in 388 games. Don't know if Bobby Duncan is fit or ready yet. Lets hope Duncan, Stretton and Hector-Ingram could be the answer, but they need some playing time on the pitch and not a couple of minutes at the end of a match.

2 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Kazim-Richards is not the answer, he is not an out and out goalscorer 57 goals in 388 games. Don't know if Bobby Duncan is fit or ready yet. Lets hope Duncan, Stretton and Hector-Ingram could be the answer, but they need some playing time on the pitch and not a couple of minutes at the end of a match.

This discussion has been had but you need centre forwards like CKR, Chris Martin etc in order to create chances for others.

I'm afraid Harry Kane, Danny Ings, Sergio Aguero are a little outside our price range.

26 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

This discussion has been had but you need centre forwards like CKR, Chris Martin etc in order to create chances for others.

I'm afraid Harry Kane, Danny Ings, Sergio Aguero are a little outside our price range.

Surely, Cocu will have identified a goal scoring forward as his priority once Martin decided to go to Bristol. The Club failed to sign his choice ( Dursun). As you say, the kind of striker(s) we would all love was totally outside our price range.

I can’t understand why some people blame Cocu for not signing a replacement striker. It’s the Club that was responsible for that decision. Lack of funds to meet the valuation in the first place and then his existing Club not having time to replace him anyway, hence CKR.

26 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

At this precise moment, atleast 80% of the blame has to go towards the players. Guardiola wouldn't get much more out of this lot tbh. Yes Mel and Cocu are largely to blame but I think at this moment the players need to take alot of accountability for not doing enough. 

Yes you can blame the current players, I agree. But Managers/coaches also can be blamed. You can also blame our scouting/recruitment team. You need talented players to improve (Manager/coaches, Scouting/recruitment input) Its still down to the Manager to recognise the teams short falls, make the right tactical decisions for each match. Its too obvious for me, we need a goalscorer. We have had 50 shots at goal in the last 5 matches and have a return of ONE goal. Give Stretton, Hector-Ingram and Bobby Duncan some game time (we have nothing to lose). Come January we need to get a cheap goalscorer, when I mean cheap, possibly around £3-4M. Someone like Kevin Nisbet at Hibernian. The 6ft 1in, 23yr old striker is fast scores with both feet and also with his head. Currently on 8 goals after 13 games this season. His full career record is 79 goals in 171 games. Hibs paid £252,000 for him back in July this year, also securing on a 4yr contract.

Archived