Who is to blame

Derby blood

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Don’t know how many times this has to be pointed out ,,, the yanks DID NOT have a sustainable model , we were losing money , they did not want to keep funding the losses , they wanted out ,,, by all means debate the rest but get the facts right ,don’t make them up to paint a picture 

Ok billy d ,, you put angry face ,,, tell me that’s not the facts , we were losing money , they did not want to keep covering losses ,they wanted to sell , it’s well documented ??‍♂️

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Because that's the role he and they want him in, longer term. 

So at the moment his role is technical director but to become caretaker manager to then become caretaker manager...now you put it that way makes perfect sense ???

19 minutes ago, Archied said:

Ok billy d ,, you put angry face ,,, tell me that’s not the facts , we were losing money , they did not want to keep covering losses ,they wanted to sell , it’s well documented ??‍♂️

Nothing to do with the content above, only the word you used to describe them. Of which I do t wish to debate ?

8 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Nothing to do with the content above, only the word you used to describe them. Of which I do t wish to debate ?

It gets frustrating seeing the facts about the time of mels take over being pushed out over and over when it’s common knowledge the amaricans wanted to seek as they were losing money ,,, there really is no sustainable model for a club like Derby in the championship or any club that tries to compete regularly for promotion but don’t quite get it

I still remember being at Wembley when Frank’s terrible line up was announced and thinking then how much our club had been used as a stepping stone and he clearly already had the nod for the Chelsea job. A small part but I felt this team selection was a defining moment and we’ve been reeling from it ever since. 

28 minutes ago, Archied said:

It gets frustrating seeing the facts about the time of mels take over being pushed out over and over when it’s common knowledge the amaricans wanted to seek as they were losing money ,,, there really is no sustainable model for a club like Derby in the championship or any club that tries to compete regularly for promotion but don’t quite get it

I believe if memory serves me right, the majority of the consortium didn't want to invest any further into the running of the team. Definitely still losing money and not a sustainable model if only one member wants to invest with Barker type fees whilst the others don't.

My own personal opinion on Mel is that he thought he could turn the club into a such an attractive proposition and not only fulfil his dreams as a fan and go down in folklore but also make quite a bit of money whilst he was at it. His vision when he took over was probably the right one for a normal business, the bloke has proved to be a genius taking a couple of companies and selling them for millions.

Maybe that secret for success though was his downfall, football is won or lost with a business plan, it's what happens on the field that determines the ultimate failure or success of the club. Was he used to that, did he try to influence this by dipping into areas he shouldn't have done, entering into dressing rooms, lauding managers as the next Ferguson only to sack them weeks after allowing them to spend millions on players. Each season we had a different philosophy, it was and is so difficult to understand how he planned for the club to be successful, he always said getting to the PL was not his end goal, I suspect this was not true.

I also think the blaming of others is a massive cop out, I have run businesses before, not as successful as Mel granted, but ultimately the success or failure of them was done to me, if I hired or put someone in a position of control and they failed, it was as much my fault as theirs. The noise around the club, sailing so close to FFP that we had to find loopholes to comply, the Rooney Deal, the handling of the infamous night, all of which that you look at other clubs and think, why ours ?

3 hours ago, Martin67 said:

I blame the coaching and people picking the team. I agree that Rooney is past it and not constructive to this team as a player. There are also other average players that do not contribute enough and need to be moved on. Lawrence and Waghorn for example even Marriott. Holmes is not the player he once was and doesn’t seem motivated. It is no surprises that Lowe and Bogle said the training at Sheffield United was way ahead of Derby either. We don’t seem as fit as other teams anymore. 

We don't have a reliable goal scorer.  We ended last season weak in that area, Waggy injured and not reliable, Tom injured and not reliable, Marriott not reliable, Martin old and increasingly becoming less reliable.  we arsed around as we do normally and failed to pick up a new reliable scorer for whatever reason.  Then rather than recognize the CM had us over a barrel we let him go.  Then we lend out Marriott and get somebody in off Chadd Park (sorry probably unfair).  We have to hang on until the transfer window opens and then have to hope we have enough money to buy a miracle (January windows are not known for finding success).  Coaching will not get us out of this problem in the next 5 weeks

Mel

Maclaren

Clement

Rush

Pearson

Sarri

Cocu

Bennett

Lawrence

Keogh

Rooney

However this all pales in comparison to the Doc

Of those listed above I believe Mel, Maclaren, Clement and Cocu were not totally selfish and only in it for themselves, they were just poor or made bad decisions.

35 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I've never been a great fan of a club acquiring players over the head of the manager.

I get the impression Derby County do that a lot.

never been sure how this works at Derby.  Did Cocu have any say in buy and sell?  I just don't know but the core problem is we have bought wrong, bought expensively, sold poorly and when you do this so consistently you have to pay for it eventually.  We are on the edge of the precipice

I think Cocu did have a say. He wanted a better centre forward, centre half and attackers. He didn't get them. Centre half is either not good enough or needs more time to settle so he has to take the blame for that. But we have no money to spend.

12 minutes ago, Beetle said:

I think Cocu did have a say. He wanted a better centre forward, centre half and attackers. He didn't get them. Centre half is either not good enough or needs more time to settle so he has to take the blame for that. But we have no money to spend.

I am interested in who decided to loan out Marriott and let CM go whilst Waggy and Tom were injured.  Quite a few were content that Waggy and tom were to be our saviors when experience had proved otherwise  To be clear I'm not Cocu supporter but having a say is not the same as deciding.

11 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

You think it would really be that much difference? Waghorn would still be ordinary (kind), Lawrence still occasional, Holmes poor, no striker, Clarke won't make POTS again, a young midfield which will be inconsistent at best - that's why Rooney plays and is captain, it could be worse. We've got to the bottom of the barrel squad-wise. 

Yes it would make a massive difference because we will achually play like a team! Also we wilnt be slow in midfield or carrying a player, yes waghorn, Lawrence, Holmes have all been average at the best but its got to be frustrating when the coach is dropping in form players ie shinnie to fit himself in the team, playing himself in all different ways to try and suit himself when he's been awful! I think stevie mac has noticed this and I reckon he's told Rooney that's why Rooney has come out and said about stepping down hout the team to concentrate on the coaching role 

1 minute ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

I think stevie mac has noticed this and I reckon he's told Rooney that's why Rooney has come out and said about stepping down hout the team to concentrate on the coaching role 

I think Mac has noticed a committee doesn't work and it wasn't gonna be Rosenior in charge.

11 hours ago, Danzelly said:

I still remember being at Wembley when Frank’s terrible line up was announced and thinking then how much our club had been used as a stepping stone and he clearly already had the nod for the Chelsea job. A small part but I felt this team selection was a defining moment and we’ve been reeling from it ever since. 

That squad announcement sucked the life out of 40,000 Derby fans. Flattest we have ever been at Wembley..

On 25/11/2020 at 22:17, Derby blood said:

Look I am so upset after this

But for me, Mel took this club on after the defeat against QPR at Wembley, we was a good footballing team

He is selling us as a team bottom of the Championship. 

Mel needs to take some blame for all of the terrible decisions he has made for our club, not his club our club

I am and always will be a positive supporter, but Mel your Derby way did not and would not ever work. 

Can not wait for a change of ownership ASAP. 

Have to be careful what you wish for, regarding change of ownership. New owners will hopefully be an improvement, but equally they could be disastrous in a way that Fawaz was at Forest (or worse). I'm reserving judgement, for what it's worth. 

Archived