Who is to blame

Derby blood

What has Mel done that’s good? I’m not saying he hasn’t but other than throw money at ‘projects’, which you’d expect a multi-millionaire to do, all I’ve seen him do is attract unwanted attention to the club. Whether that’s him taking on the EFL, Chairmen, or turning us into Frank’s/Wayne’s Derby County. Maybe with all the fog I just can’t see the good any more.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BOB BIGGS said:

I can’t understand why some people blame Cocu for not signing a replacement striker. It’s the Club that was responsible for that decision.

Correct. That was probably the last nail the club hammered into Cocu’s coffin.

On 26/11/2020 at 20:35, RoyMac5 said:

I think Mac has noticed a committee doesn't work and it wasn't gonna be Rosenior in charge.

When do you think he may notice that’s he himself has become part of the committee? By all accounts he went into the dressing room yesterday, we were worse second half??‍♂️
this whole situation is a joke and not a very funny one at that, I’ve been a supporter of mel and think he’s been treated harshly by some fans over his tenure but this seasons mess and very very possible relegation is very much his doing at this point and if he stands by and let’s this club go down by drifting rudderless he will be remembered for that and that only ,

mel ,you are definitely losing money but to be fair you took the club on , you really need to step up now in our hour of need ,we are going down if you dont

12 hours ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

What has Mel done that’s good? I’m not saying he hasn’t but other than throw money at ‘projects’, which you’d expect a multi-millionaire to do, all I’ve seen him do is attract unwanted attention to the club. Whether that’s him taking on the EFL, Chairmen, or turning us into Frank’s/Wayne’s Derby County. Maybe with all the fog I just can’t see the good any more.

The academy. I'd agree that almost everything he's done with the first team has turned out to be a disaster, but the money he invested in the academy is crucial. The tiered academy system was set up specifically to keep anyone other than the very biggest clubs away from the top table in youth football. The hoops Derby were required to jump through were significant.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

We were worse when Colin came off no-one to replace him. 

Oh were it only that simple?, yep he was good but what minute did he come and Wycombe dominating the whole second half ,, I get it ,Rooney and Mac partnership is ok with you , personally I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole 

Archived