Derby County v QPR Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SaintRam said:

HT 0-0. Two good saves from either keeper. Literally nothing else has happened. 

Eh? They’ll be gutted not to be ahead after that. We’ve been abysmal. 

Changing the formation to accommodate Rooney in the centre has destroyed that fluid front three that had just started looking like they knew what they were doing. 

Get him gone. We sit in the bottom three and the gap is widening game by game. The players look fed up, it’s not working out. Sacked other managers for less. Absolute garbage.

3 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I don’t think we’ve won a second ball all night; players look half arsed and the body language is shocking.

no movement, no desire, they look like they’re going through the motions

Exactly what I thought. Plus downright boring.

9 minutes ago, biellaram said:

4-3-3 and Rooney has unbalanced us.

we’ve lost the attacking play of the wing backs

Rooney seems to get in the way of knight and shinnie 

there’s none of that front three interchange which looked so positive 

Get Rooney off 

This all over.

Ok Rooney had that chance but we have lost so much energy without the wing backs overlapping and totally flat in the middle.

The common denominator is Rooney coming back, regardless of his set piece skills (which we have Waggy and Lawrence for anyway), we have just gone backwards again and look more fragile at the back with a 4.

Time for Cocu to react to what plenty can see unfolding.

Poor.

what system are we playing? It looks like 424 with the midfield sadly lacking.

the system is bent out of shape to accommodate WR.
The only thing we’ve learned is the answer as to whether he has to play.

Need to make changes here. 

Rooney means we are lethargic up front. The combination of Shinnie and Forsyth is leading us to be penned in our left too easily on the ball. 

I'd take all 3 off if Buchanan was on the bench and it wasn't only half time. As it stands I'd be looking at bringing on Sibley for Rooney at least and probably Bird for either Shinnie or Fozzy.

Well that was predictably crap. We just look like a team that’s being really really poorly coached. Basic passing is terrible, don’t seem to have a clue how to play out the back, despite practicing it for well over a year! Defensive positioning has been all over the show, making QPR look like world beaters. It’s a wonder what we do in training. We’ve still got almost no threat going forward, no real ideas of how to create chances, no movement, just constant play it back and lose possession. It’s not good enough a year into the job. Writings on the wall, don’t see how anyone can keep defending him.

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Look at the lads body language as they come off,totally dis spirited.

It can only get better second half,surely.

I get the feeling there is an air of inevitably about it for Cocu. 

In a desire to go more attacking we have seemingly lost that intent. Is it lazy to blame Rooney?

Archived