Abu Derby County

tinman

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh god that old bananas. There's never any bad apples when teams are winning.

Roy , your one of the posters i love to read , but you never give your solution , as a matter of interest , in the current squad who do you rate , who dont you rate and who would you choose to be the next manager if indeed there is to be a change

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Roy , your one of the posters i love to read , but you never give your solution , as a matter of interest , in the current squad who do you rate , who dont you rate and who would you choose to be the next manager if indeed there is to be a change

Mate, it's too easy to look for simple answers. Most things are complicated and I agree there must undoubtedly be unhappy players in our squad - there are good players there who no doubt think we should be better than bottom of the league. Yes they can affect it on the pitch - if picked. But not enough, that is down to Cocu.

On another thread I gave a vague squad rating, most are okay to good (some should be even better tbh). The sign of a good manager is to get better than the individual parts out of a team. I'd have nothing against Rooney/Mac3, but maybe Paul Cook would drag them up? 

27 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Because everything he wants to do is be suffocated out of our game plan. He could've put forward 20-30 players that would've cost next to nothing and taken us to the next level, but were ultimately shouted down by Cocu & Co. 

Yes he could have but ultimately, if you're a coach of Derby county and your team is bottom of the championship you've not done the job, whether you're only partly to blame or not, you've failed. For me, this whole coaching setup just feels overbaked. They're obsessed with the clipboards and ipads and don't show enough emotion or grit. 

10 minutes ago, James Pond said:

I was in a restaraunt the other week and in the kitchen was Gordon Ramsey, Jamie Oliver, Hesten Blumenthall, Rick Stein, Nigella Lawson and a drunk Delia Smith...the meal was awful.

But I bet the conversations were great! ? 

47 minutes ago, Curtains said:

That article is about two paragraphs long and ponders why the takeover would be an attractive proposition for the Sheikh and then proposes that it must be due to potential but then doesn't offer any further evidence or facts to support this theory. 

12 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

That article is about two paragraphs long and ponders why the takeover would be an attractive proposition for the Sheikh and then proposes that it must be due to potential but then doesn't offer any further evidence or facts to support this theory. 

Correct.  That’s because nobody understands what this takeover is all about.  

Have we got the rich one or is I just a charade 

2 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

Not strictly true. 

They could just decide to take the FFP hit. 

Spend £200m next summer, play out the season, get hit with a 21 point penalty, don't get promoted, don't get relegated. FFP resets after punishment handed out and we're free to play the 2022-2023 season with a £200m squad and no immediate FFP implications. 

Granted, the above won't take into account the wages of a £200m squad though, so once FFP resets then you'd start building towards another FFP hit, unless you're promoted within a couple of seasons or find creative ways to get more £££ into the club legitimately to offset the wages. 

Not suggesting we do this btw....?

I think FFP is a problem if you make losses. So Man City have all these sponsorship and media deals with companies owned by Mansour's buddies - half of the companies are called Eti- something. The deals generate profits so they have money to throw at players. They ran into problems w UEFA because one of the companies was too closely connected to Mansour. If our Sheikh is serious about getting us into the PL, he'll have his buddies do the same. I reckon his people are mostly talking to the EFL when they say 'we're constrained by FFP'.

11 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I think FFP is a problem if you make losses. So Man City have all these sponsorship and media deals with companies owned by Mansour's buddies - half of the companies are called Eti- something. The deals generate profits so they have money to throw at players. They ran into problems w UEFA because one of the companies was too closely connected to Mansour. If our Sheikh is serious about getting us into the PL, he'll have his buddies do the same. I reckon his people are mostly talking to the EFL when they say 'we're constrained by FFP'.

If he is Sheik Mansour's cousin you'd hope he'd get some advice surely.

10 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

If he is Sheik Mansour's cousin you'd hope he'd get some advice surely.

He isnt sheikh Mansours cousin, he is a very distant relative.

There appears to be 2 branches of the family who have been feuding for many years, Mansour is on one branch and our potential buyer is on another.

I think our potential buyer is the Tara Palmer Tompkinson of their Royal Family.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

There appears to be 2 branches of the family who have been feuding for many years, Mansour is on one branch and our potential buyer is on another.

I think our potential buyer is the Tara Palmer Tompkinson of their Royal Family.

I tried to google it to check but there is conflicting information everywhere. Be nice to know if they even have much money or if this is all just a pipe dream.

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

@sage....you should publish your Corleone analogy.....

Don't want to plagiarise more of your good ideas.....?

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Mate, it's too easy to look for simple answers. Most things are complicated and I agree there must undoubtedly be unhappy players in our squad - there are good players there who no doubt think we should be better than bottom of the league. Yes they can affect it on the pitch - if picked. But not enough, that is down to Cocu.

On another thread I gave a vague squad rating, most are okay to good (some should be even better tbh). The sign of a good manager is to get better than the individual parts out of a team. I'd have nothing against Rooney/Mac3, but maybe Paul Cook would drag them up? 

John Terrys name has been mentioned, albeit in the Daily Mail , would be an interesting appointment

10 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

@sage....you should publish your Corleone analogy.....

Don't want to plagiarise more of your good ideas.....?

ok

Everyone is getting excited about us being involved with this rich, powerful family. However, the visions of an Arabian Michael Corleone taking over Derby are fanciful. 

We look like ending up with  Fredo. 

2 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

Not strictly true. 

They could just decide to take the FFP hit. 

Spend £200m next summer, play out the season, get hit with a 21 point penalty, don't get promoted, don't get relegated. FFP resets after punishment handed out and we're free to play the 2022-2023 season with a £200m squad and no immediate FFP implications. 

Granted, the above won't take into account the wages of a £200m squad though, so once FFP resets then you'd start building towards another FFP hit, unless you're promoted within a couple of seasons or find creative ways to get more £££ into the club legitimately to offset the wages. 

Not suggesting we do this btw....?

Not even that. We could go out and buy the best youngsters in the world and provided the wages are reasonable, not have to worry about any P&S consequences until the players leave for less than we paid. If the owner wanted to, he could spend as much as he wanted, give the squad of 18 players 30k a week (£28m total per year) and comfortably meet all P&S rules.

Archived