Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People saying stop saying were loaded & there is no evidence of how rich he is. Where is the evidence he isnt rich ?‍♂️

sky sports have said were potentially becoming one of the richest clubs. I know its not gospel he's loaded but it creates a bit of excitement & buzz

Billionaires keep money all over its not like its all in a barclays current account & he's going to screenshot it to prove to some forum members he has a bit of cash to invest. 

Can't we all just be positive & dream big without the usual clowns sucking the life out of any positivity?‍♂️ 'theres not evidence he's rich' proper miserable bunch killing the mood. Prove he's so poor then if youre all financial experts ?‍♂️ 

I genuinely hopes he comes in & splashes hundreds of millions on overpaid mercenaries 

14 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

People saying stop saying were loaded & there is no evidence of how rich he is. Where is the evidence he isnt rich ?‍♂️

sky sports have said were potentially becoming one of the richest clubs. I know its not gospel he's loaded but it creates a bit of excitement & buzz

Billionaires keep money all over its not like its all in a barclays current account & he's going to screenshot it to prove to some forum members he has a bit of cash to invest. 

Can't we all just be positive & dream big without the usual clowns sucking the life out of any positivity?‍♂️ 'theres not evidence he's rich' proper miserable bunch killing the mood. Prove he's so poor then if youre all financial experts ?‍♂️ 

I genuinely hopes he comes in & splashes hundreds of millions on overpaid mercenaries 

The problem is if you expect him to turn us into the next Man City you are gonna be really, really disappointed. That was the point I made. The guy will have a few Bob but he doesn’t have state funds like the Man City owner, that is a huge difference.

4 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I am concerned about this takeover. Too many concerns and worries exist and there seems an awful lot of silence coming out of the club. Mel has been desperate to sell for some time now and it wasn’t that long ago that we came very close to another prospective dodgy owner.

I am no expert but surely local journalists should be digging in to all involved in order to write a detailed, unbiased and accurate report about who these people are. Isn’t that the job of a journalist after all. It could quiet concerns or raise alarm bells but would be very helpful to the people of Derby who hold the club so dear.

Can I just say, that is one of the finest posts I've ever seen on here.

Not so much the content, but the way you've inserted that lovely paragraph break.  Fine work sir.  Stunning, in fact.  Have a like.   

Khaled wants a PL club. That's pretty clear

Mel wants one too. But perhaps he's realised that even with his wealth it might take years... and years. These days it usually takes a billionaire and even that doesn't guarantee success. Mel is a fan and he wants the best for the club

surely Mel will have checked out Khaled and his ambition for the club. He will have checked he has access to the family billions. 

FFP? You get punished if you make a loss. City got in trouble last season because an Etihad company - an affiliate of City - pumped money into the club to avoid them making a loss. Next time City will be more careful and the sponsorship/licensing deal with be from an unconnected company. The rules are easily avoided by people in Khaled's league and we're likely to see friends of Khaled supporting the club through sponsorship deals.  Yeah, it's a bit shady but it's what it takes

Derby has a strong fan base and it's easy for an owner who wants profit to make decent dividends as the team kicks around the middle of the Championship. Mel has shown more ambition and has probably spent a packet. With this deal he's given us a strong chance to become and remain a PL team. St Mel. If we follow Wolves' path he'll deserve a statue at PP.

A historic event for all Rams fans. 

24 minutes ago, wollatonram said:

The problem is if you expect him to turn us into the next Man City you are gonna be really, really disappointed. That was the point I made. The guy will have a few Bob but he doesn’t have state funds like the Man City owner, that is a huge difference.

Barnsleys owners have a combined net worth of £9 billion and it doesnt help them either. Money doesn't automatically equal success.

26 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Depends what exactly Mel is selling to them.

Stadium? Academy? Moor Farm? There are plenty of ways to sell things off and not reinvest the proceeds into the club.

Can’t see them being worth anything to them to sell . 
Believe the stadium has a covenant on it so can only be used as a football ground and they would not get planning for anything at Moor Farm other than the training complex. 
60 million if that is what they are paying for the club is an expensive way of asset stripping. Think promotion is the only way they will make the sort of money that would interest them ? 

27 minutes ago, wollatonram said:
22 minutes ago, wollatonram said:

Also the concerns about his failed takeovers elsewhere should be huge red flags. It’s okay to ignore them and live in ignorance but they are there staring us in the face.

This whole thing stinks 

Liverpool wasn't for sale & mike Ashley put the price up after a fee was agreed so they walked away. Or thats what it says online 

54 minutes ago, wollatonram said:

Also the concerns about his failed takeovers elsewhere should be huge red flags. It’s okay to ignore them and live in ignorance but they are there staring us in the face.

This whole thing stinks 

What you bitter about?

Archived