Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might have worked out this whole Royal thing. I think bin means “son of”. So our bloke, Sheikh Khalid bin Zayed bin Saqr, is the son of Zayed and the grandson of Saqr. Saqr was the ruler of the UAE in the 1920s, so that’s his link to royalty. He’s second generation, but he is a legitimate member of the ruling family. It gets weird when you look into it, as Saqr shot and killed his brother Sultan to take the throne. Sultan is the grandfather of Sheikh Mansour, making Khalid and him second cousins. How close they are I don’t know, given their family past! Then again, Sultan also killed his other brother to take the Throne originally, so glass houses and all that...

But yeah, there’s your proof that he is genuine royalty, if anyone was still doubtful. I think anyway, I may be way off the mark because there’s a lot of Sheikhs with the same name, but I’ve done my best ?. Still difficult to tell how much access he’d have to the family fortune mind.

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

I haven’t made it into the new Arabic super league of posters.

I’m top of that league. I’m currently sitting on an upturned bucket and have sent my back room staff out to spy on all of you.

Whatever we can speculate. Surely we have to trust Mel is a smarter business person than most of us. He has invested money, blood and tears into Derby because he loves this club.  I don’t believe he would sell off the club to anyone who he didn’t believe could propel us forward. 

Uncharted territory here.  Pickering had a small fortune by football standards but put loads in . Maxwell was probably worth a billion in todays money and whilst digging us out the poo at the last minute- although his haggling almost blew that- didn't really spend a bean and got it all back on Saunders and Wright.

I think the ultimate might be offering  Bielsa a massive contract to come here, Leeds getting relegated and us going up at there place next season.  Might just poo my pants with joy at that scenario if it happened.

Or we might find this fella has a pocket full of lint and a 2p stuck to an old sweet.  

53 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Might have worked out this whole Royal thing. I think bin means “son of”. So our bloke, Sheikh Khalid bin Zayed bin Saqr, is the son of Zayed and the grandson of Saqr. Saqr was the ruler of the UAE in the 1920s, so that’s his link to royalty. He’s second generation, but he is a legitimate member of the ruling family. It gets weird when you look into it, as Saqr shot and killed his brother Sultan to take the throne. Sultan is the grandfather of Sheikh Mansour, making Khalid and him second cousins. How close they are I don’t know, given their family past! Then again, Sultan also killed his other brother to take the Throne originally, so glass houses and all that...

But yeah, there’s your proof that he is genuine royalty, if anyone was still doubtful. I think anyway, I may be way off the mark because there’s a lot of Sheikhs with the same name, but I’ve done my best ?. Still difficult to tell how much access he’d have to the family fortune mind.

If he was royalty, he'd have HH in front of his name.

He's the Arabian Danny Dyer, loves a tear up on an away day.

5 hours ago, GenBr said:

Doesn't matter what they are buying it for - they will still be limited by FFP. If they choose to ignore it the EFL does in theory have the power to remove clubs from the promotion places.

Don't really understand FFP but in a season when all clubs are facing reduced revenues because of covid surely there has to be some relaxation of FFP rules, or are half the teams in the football league going to be deducted 12 points? Could this create a window of opportunity for a bit of investment in the club, players, etc?

22 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

Hmm.. This guy does have many, MANY previous sour articles regarding us. All of which have turned out to be utter bolleaux. Not to mention he looks extremely Amish. A face a mother couldn’t even love. 

Do we really believe that Cocu is on £90k-a-week and we’ve never heard before? It would make him one of the top 10 paid managers in the country and the highest paid Championship manager by an eye-watering amount. 

Archived