Abu Derby County

tinman

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Can think of two reasons why we should not call the Stadium by that name but The Khaled bin Zayed Stadium or The Zayed Stadium or The Khaled bin Zayed Pride Park Stadium would be fine. Latter being my first choice.

.. or just The Bin? 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

MSD Holdings have a charge against the stadium as security for a loan. Mel couldn't sell the club without either repaying that loan  or getting MDS's permission. I don't think they would give permission  for the club and the stadium to be owned separately. By far the most likely outcome is Mel selling the stadium and the club together. The academy, the catering company, the company developing a new roof for the stadium and the outreach company are also separate companies, Theoretically they could be retained by Mel  - although they all have charges against them to MSD as well.

Could this be the situation nobody wanted? We all supported the sale of the stadium as we are pretty much agreed that Mel only has the best interests of the club at heart. With the stadium not owned by the club, it could end up being used as a bit of real estate for financial reasons.

5 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Could this be the situation nobody wanted? We all supported the sale of the stadium as we are pretty much agreed that Mel only has the best interests of the club at heart. With the stadium not owned by the club, it could end up being used as a bit of real estate for financial reasons.

I really doubt it. I can't see anyone being happy with the stadium and the club being separated.

What has just occurred though - the new owners could buy everything off Mel and put it into the Deventio Holdings company. They could then sell the stadium to BZG (ie themselves) for £85m and have loads of FFP headroom to play with. I seem to remember an independent tribunal saying such stadium sales are fine. ?

I almost want this to happen to watch Steve Gibson self combust.

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I didn't support selling the stadium. We only had to sell it because Mel cocked up in the first place. I never wanted the club to lose its biggest asset.

However if Mel keeps it we might have a bit of protection depending on the motives of the new owners. Dont want them selling everything off like some of the other fit and proper owners.

15 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I didn't support selling the stadium. We only had to sell it because Mel cocked up in the first place. I never wanted the club to lose its biggest asset.

However if Mel keeps it we might have a bit of protection depending on the motives of the new owners. Dont want them selling everything off like some of the other fit and proper owners.

It was not sold because Mel "cocked" up . It was sold as another means of Mel being able to further financially support the club within FFP

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

I really doubt it. I can't see anyone being happy with the stadium and the club being separated.

What has just occurred though - the new owners could buy everything off Mel and put it into the Deventio Holdings company. They could then sell the stadium to BZG (ie themselves) for £85m and have loads of FFP headroom to play with. I seem to remember an independent tribunal saying such stadium sales are fine. ?

Sounds good to me.

This is the main reason to want this to happen

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

It was not sold because Mel "cocked" up . It was sold as another means of Mel being able to further financially support the club within FFP

I thought it was sold to create income that meant we didnt breach P&S caused by buying overpriced ordinary footballers who we eventually sol of nought which effed us up because we had a 'unique' amortisation policy.  Or something like that.  In other words during Mel's watch we cocked up and were forced to sell the stadium to avoid likely relegation.  Feel free to correct me

Wouldn't the stadium have a paper value of what we sold it for (fair value), therefore meaning it's not really possible to sell at a profit. However, it could be brought back within the club, redeveloped, then sold for a big profit.

With regards the whole covid situation. 

Could a new owner come in and buy all the seats tickets for each behind closed door games, at an inflated price, so we get ticket revenue still? 1 potential way of increasing the income then?

As it stands we have sold and paid for season tickets so why would the above be any different?

6 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Could a new owner come in and buy all the seats tickets for each behind closed door games, at an inflated price, so we get ticket revenue still? 1 potential way of increasing the income then?

As it stands we have sold and paid for season tickets so why would the above be any different?

There’s no need to be at inflated prices. At about £30 you could raise £1m a game without some of the attendant costs (eg police and stewarding). There’s probably a rule against it though. 

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wouldn't the stadium have a paper value of what we sold it for (fair value), therefore meaning it's not really possible to sell at a profit. However, it could be brought back within the club, redeveloped, then sold for a big profit.

True. Damn, it was a nice thought whilst it lasted.

10 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I don't think the club are allowed to offer them for sale?

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

I thought it was sold to create income that meant we didnt breach P&S caused by buying overpriced ordinary footballers who we eventually sol of nought which effed us up because we had a 'unique' amortisation policy.  Or something like that.  In other words during Mel's watch we cocked up and were forced to sell the stadium to avoid likely relegation.  Feel free to correct me

It’s called backing your Manager and Mel has tried to find ways of increasing that backing with creative methods , now whether some of those Managers should have been employed is a different matter . Our amortisation policy is not against the rules and is used by some elite clubs in Europe . Likely relegation ? Why because what Mel did was  in the rules but both of those have been debated to death on here like the CM9 situation. 
we all have our opinions 

Archived