Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

Well you wouldn't need it to celebrate the style of football ?

That’s the problem with football in general, we’ve been spoiled by some amazing teams who are few and far between.

Rowetts football was effective and we scored plenty. Now look what we have.

Apologies I’m not trying to have a pop personally. But it still raises the same question I’m always repeating.

Why is the bar set so low now for performances etc, but much higher for others? 

4 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

That’s the problem with football in general, we’ve been spoiled by some amazing teams who are few and far between.

Apologies I’m not trying to have a pop personally. But it still raises the same question I’m always repeating.

We are to be fair in a period of transition as we try to bring through young players mixed with older, rather mediocre players. 

We have seen from the U23s how difficult this can be and against better opposition we have struggled. 

I am hoping this is a temporary but necessary period of pain before long term gain. 

If the youngsters thrive the entertainment value will come. 

15 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Maybe because the cash has dried up and there’s so much uncertainty around the takeover?

All uncertainty will be removed shortly.

Sheikh Khaled turned up to Pride Park with 60 million in used £10 notes but he was met with a sign on the door saying "no cash accepted".  He was last seen depositing the cash into one of those self serve machines in Santander this morning, according to someone on Twitter.

Estimates are that it would take 24 hours to deposit 60 million in £10 notes, so I'd expect an announcement in the next 24 to 48 hours.

1 hour ago, ShoreRam said:

Precisely this. To many impatient bedwetters here...

we have been plenty patient, i think people just want clarity.

when you are told something will happen before christmas and its been nearly a week and nothing has come out you have the right to question.

also you have the right to question when the person trying to take over the club has such a terrible record in regards to takeovers and proving he has any wealth at all

Our takeover seems to be matching Burnleys, After 6 months of negotiations with American ALK Capital has now hit several snags, A anouncement was due tonight before the Sheff Untd game, But hopefully to be resolved before the transfer window opens.

2 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Rowett refused to play Will Hughes, anyone who ignores that talent is going to have heightened scrutiny on their performances. 

Rooney has taken over a team at the bottom of the league, devoid of confidence, lacking creativity, scoring how many goals from open play ?

Once again not having a pop but the same answer is repeatedly given, it's just you dont agree with it.

36 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Rooney has taken over a team at the bottom of the league, devoid of confidence, lacking creativity, scoring how many goals from open play ?

Once again not having a pop but the same answer is repeatedly given, it's just you dont agree with it.

How many goals from open play has Rooney managed his team to conjur up in comparison?  Has Rooney now solved the issue with creativity now? Given we were bottom of the league when he came by definition Rooney could not have done any worse standings wise by default. 

We still aren't playing with anything like the levels of confidence which that group of players should be demonstrating, Rooney has made us hard to beat by playing an attritional style of football which will not save us from relegation - nil nil results now are not enough. 

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

How many goals from open play has Rooney managed his team to conjur up in comparison?  Has Rooney now solved the issue with creativity now?

How many players has he been able to bring into a squad that has ONE recognised striker left in it?

Archived