Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

(BIN ZAYED GROUP, (BZG),) is a global oil, energy, bank, finance, real estate, top hotel, antique and cultural relics investment enterprise founded by Prince Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nahyan. Its “Abu Dhabi sovereign fund”, with a size of $1.3 trillion (10 trillion yuan), once ranked first in the world and now ranks second in the world.

So if this is our guy, and I thought that the Bin Zayed Group is our guy, just how much is $1.3 trillion in English ?

Anyone on Linkedin want to follow him?! ?

https://np.linkedin.com/company/bin-zayed-group_2

24 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

(BIN ZAYED GROUP, (BZG),) is a global oil, energy, bank, finance, real estate, top hotel, antique and cultural relics investment enterprise founded by Prince Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nahyan. Its “Abu Dhabi sovereign fund”, with a size of $1.3 trillion (10 trillion yuan), once ranked first in the world and now ranks second in the world.

So if this is our guy, and I thought that the Bin Zayed Group is our guy, just how much is $1.3 trillion in English ?

So your telling me the Bin Zayed Group has access to more money than the entire state he operates in? Somehow I am dubious, and if he did have access to such funds proving his finances elsewhere wouldn’t be a problem, would it?

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

that would be the difference with new takeover unless Mel is selling the ground as well. 

S was very naive to be duped in that way but perhaps we should leave this conversation don't you think Rammy?

Indeed re: Sleightholme I think he got caught up in the excitement. His involvement was very odd being a coroner, I definitely have my suspicions as to why he was included, which as you say should be left alone......that said I’m only repeating what came out in court so is of public record!

Some further reading that I’ve looked at after posting (memory isn’t what it used to be I’m afraid), interesting reading!

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2009/jul/22/david-conn-inside-sport-Derby

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/david-conn-pride-park-mortgaged-to-panamanian-company-77225.html%3famp

12 minutes ago, wollatonram said:

So your telling me the Bin Zayed Group has access to more money than the entire state he operates in? Somehow I am dubious, and if he did have access to such funds proving his finances elsewhere wouldn’t be a problem, would it?

It does seem odd doesn’t it, something just doesn’t stack up 

43 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

In current markets I think about £4.30.

Its pretty much impossible to get to the bottom of these complicated overseas groups. They are generally not transparent in the same say that s uk plc is. You will see what they want you to see unless you are a proper forensic accountant. The whole thing makes me very ill at ease but Mel seems to have gone as far with us as he can so it may be this lot or disaster

18 minutes ago, wollatonram said:

There are quite a few companies with more money than many countries. 

I’m not sure that we should believe all we read in our press about him. Many conflicting reports about what happened re Liverpool and NUFC. I suspect that as he’s not very accessible or public, our journalists may have ‘filled in some blanks’ with whatever suited them. 

Unusually for this site, people who don’t understand how to interpret financial transactions and the processes involved, aren’t letting this stop them having a well entrenched opinion they’ll defend til they die! 

If anyone else had asset stripped DCFC we’d have gone mad. Mel has. He’s dropped us in a financial mess and then to ‘save’ us - taken one of the most important things - our stadium. Furthermore, under Mel we have (under) sold our talented youth...Hughes, Hendrick, Lowe and Bogle. Why are you all defending this....but ‘sceptical’ about this ‘Saudi (sic) fella’??? Ffs ?‍♂️ 

5 minutes ago, biellaram said:

I’m not sure that we should believe all we read in our press about him. Many conflicting reports about what happened re Liverpool and NUFC. I suspect that as he’s not very accessible or public, our journalists may have ‘filled in some blanks’ with whatever suited them. 

Unusually for this site, people who don’t understand how to interpret financial transactions and the processes involved, aren’t letting this stop them having a well entrenched opinion they’ll defend til they die! 

If anyone else had asset stripped DCFC we’d have gone mad. Mel has. He’s dropped us in a financial mess and then to ‘save’ us - taken one of the most important things - our stadium. Furthermore, under Mel we have (under) sold our talented youth...Hughes, Hendrick, Lowe and Bogle. Why are you all defending this....but ‘sceptical’ about this ‘Saudi (sic) fella’??? Ffs ?‍♂️ 

Because Mel is ‘one of our own’. He is the Owner equivalent of Mason Bennett ?

For what worth I am beginning to feel a bit for Mel. All those, particularly the youngsters, who thought he was brilliant when he was spunking his money, have now turned on him big time.  

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

All those, particularly the youngsters, who thought he was brilliant when he was spunking his money, have now turned on him big time.  

Yeah cos lots stupidly assumed that a successful businessman would know what he was doing! ?

11 minutes ago, biellaram said:

Well newby, I shall sit back and watch this one.  I have similar views but perhaps a little more guarded.  Thing is Mel hasn’t done this for personal gain but I agree his stewardship has not been great

17 minutes ago, biellaram said:

Mel has been outstanding. Built a frankly almost unbelievable Academy. Pumped a lot of his own money in. Missed promotion twice by a goal at Wembley. Tried a variety of likely to be successful managerial appointments. Been unlucky in a few things.

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Mel has been outstanding. Built a frankly almost unbelievable Academy. Pumped a lot of his own money in. Missed promotion twice by a goal at Wembley. Tried a variety of likely to be successful managerial appointments. Been unlucky in a few things.

Hi Rampage

outstanding? What would you grade him if we’d been promoted then??? Lots of truth in what you say. For what it’s worth, I have a lot of respect for him and like him. He’s been unlucky for sure. And his heart probably is in the right place. But I’m sorry, crediting him for the academy which then sells off talent to the PL for low fees...? What’s the point? Taking the stadium? The FFP duck up? How does that factor in for outstanding? Lost our best young players for almost nothing and lost our stadium to save us from his mismanagement. Would you not agree with that last sentence? 

30 minutes ago, biellaram said:

Hi Rampage

outstanding? What would you grade him if we’d been promoted then??? Lots of truth in what you say. For what it’s worth, I have a lot of respect for him and like him. He’s been unlucky for sure. And his heart probably is in the right place. But I’m sorry, crediting him for the academy which then sells off talent to the PL for low fees...? What’s the point? Taking the stadium? The FFP duck up? How does that factor in for outstanding? Lost our best young players for almost nothing and lost our stadium to save us from his mismanagement. Would you not agree with that last sentence? 

How have we lost our stadium?

The person that owns the club owns the stadium.

Archived