Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

All very mysterious but two failed for clubs bids plus Mel’s need to sell may be worrying. So far all the signs point to nothing like a massive financially backed Manchester City set up although there is not much clear information around it seems. Hope there is a plan B should a deal not materialise.

Plan B, administration, sell for a quid, rinse and repeat.

For all those who keep posting poo about how long this is taking.....you’re showing your ignorance.

Any deal involving solicitors takes absolutely ages. They generate paperwork like I’ve never seen. 
It took me 4 months to buy into a local business a few years ago and that was after all negotiations were complete. Not one more negotiation took place, just emails and phone calls chasing the solicitors. They take ages. 

And the other spurious posts building on each other and whipping themselves into a frenzy..Jesus...no wonder the atmosphere at Pride Park is often bank

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

image.gif.96d0ad29cc231124b44bbd3f477168b4.gif

The co-op effectively liquidated Pickerings investment in the club

They then sold the club to the three amigos for £3, the amigos raised £15 million for the running of the club by borrowing from a Panama based company with a 10% interest rate!

Of that 15 million, 10 million was taken by the co-op and the other 5 was taken by Lombard!

Hi

thanks for that, I've got some papers on that somewhere.  did they get a charge on PP to secure the lend can't quite remember.  I know there was some concern over whether 3 were 'rewarded' for negotiating the deal.  I have no idea and it is all probably rubbish anyway.

Come on people cool your jets. This is no different to what we already know. Doesn’t mean it’s a bad thing. He could well be wealthier than Mel or at least have access to more money. His portfolio have been responsible for $2bn investments in India. He will be buying Derby to make money, the only way he can really do that is to invest and get us into the premier league. But regardless of having we’re still constrained by FFP.

Clearly it’s not Man City, it could be Wolves Leicester level, it could be an equivalent of Mel (Sheikh Mel), we don’t know, only thing we do know is what Mel said to Ed Dawes about progressing Derby as club and taking us forward. He clearly thinks this guy can do that otherwise he wouldn’t completely step aside.

37 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Because they were in administration. In this particular scenario the new owners would come in and sell the players without the restriction.

Yes I know they are in admin. I was pointing out that the price isn't always what you'd want and if desperation is sniffed...

37 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Hi

thanks for that, I've got some papers on that somewhere.  did they get a charge on PP to secure the lend can't quite remember.  I know there was some concern over whether 3 were 'rewarded' for negotiating the deal.  I have no idea and it is all probably rubbish anyway.

From what I remember of the court proceedings, ABC held the mortgage for Pride Park. 

Sleightholme was innocent but Keith and Mackay set up a false company to invoice the club for work that was never done and pay themselves a one off fee from club money behind Sleightholmes back! 

50 minutes ago, biellaram said:

For all those who keep posting poo about how long this is taking.....you’re showing your ignorance.

Any deal involving solicitors takes absolutely ages. They generate paperwork like I’ve never seen. 
It took me 4 months to buy into a local business a few years ago and that was after all negotiations were complete. Not one more negotiation took place, just emails and phone calls chasing the solicitors. They take ages. 

I was gonna say that

When I bought my flat it took 7 months because the previous owners hadn't understood how a leasehold worked

I would imagine working through the logistics on the various holding companies associated with Mel and the club will take time - Plus they'll need to work out what's happening with the ground and associated land plus work out the implications of the current EFL appeal on our 'breaches' of FFP

44 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

From what I remember of the court proceedings, ABC held the mortgage for Pride Park. 

Sleightholme was innocent but Keith and Mackay set up a false company to invoice the club for work that was never done and pay themselves a one off fee from club money behind Sleightholmes back! 

that would be the difference with new takeover unless Mel is selling the ground as well. 

S was very naive to be duped in that way but perhaps we should leave this conversation don't you think Rammy?

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Come on people cool your jets. This is no different to what we already know. Doesn’t mean it’s a bad thing. He could well be wealthier than Mel or at least have access to more money. His portfolio have been responsible for $2bn investments in India. He will be buying Derby to make money, the only way he can really do that is to invest and get us into the premier league. But regardless of having we’re still constrained by FFP.

Clearly it’s not Man City, it could be Wolves Leicester level, it could be an equivalent of Mel (Sheikh Mel), we don’t know, only thing we do know is what Mel said to Ed Dawes about progressing Derby as club and taking us forward. He clearly thinks this guy can do that otherwise he wouldn’t completely step aside.

And it’s not like we’ve been skint under Mels ownership.  The problem has been the people spending the money in the early years that we’re suffering for now.  Any fool can spend money, the trick is spending it well.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I wouldnt mind paying her lots of condiments.

Anyway, back on track.

Here is a random article from last year about Khaled and his investments away from football, either someone is constantly writing guff about him to make him sound more important than he is, or...

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190822005737/en/Bin-Zayed-Groups-global-oil-chain-and-BBOSS-reached-a-strategic-cooperation

(BIN ZAYED GROUP, (BZG),) is a global oil, energy, bank, finance, real estate, top hotel, antique and cultural relics investment enterprise founded by Prince Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nahyan. Its “Abu Dhabi sovereign fund”, with a size of $1.3 trillion (10 trillion yuan), once ranked first in the world and now ranks second in the world.

So if this is our guy, and I thought that the Bin Zayed Group is our guy, just how much is $1.3 trillion in English ?

2 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

(BIN ZAYED GROUP, (BZG),) is a global oil, energy, bank, finance, real estate, top hotel, antique and cultural relics investment enterprise founded by Prince Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nahyan. Its “Abu Dhabi sovereign fund”, with a size of $1.3 trillion (10 trillion yuan), once ranked first in the world and now ranks second in the world.

So if this is our guy, and I thought that the Bin Zayed Group is our guy, just how much is $1.3 trillion in English ?

X3 craig Forsyths ?

3 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

$1,300,000,000,000

I do wonder what people are expecting when this goes through, do they expect his first statement to be about who he is related to, how much he is worth & how much he is going to spend? 

Of course he isnt, we will just have to simply wait and see. All these newpaper articles about his heritage & worth etc will all be guesses so why pay any attention to them. 

Archived