Bournemouth v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been a Cocu fan, I have thought we have improved every game and tbf Bournemouth are a good team but I am losing faith in his management of the game, he just doesn't know when to make subs. His only answer is to put more defenders on!

We could have won this game and are now lucky to be drawing, if it wasn't for Marshall we would be in trouble.

Just now, Big Trav said:

It’s not like we can say we don’t have quality anymore. Our players are back now. 

Almost. Our best attacking player wasn't around today; Bielik almost there. But yes, nearly full strength. 

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Holmes gives the ball to Bournemouth on the edge of our area and we're very lucky we don't go a goal behind. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Holmes is league2/ national league standard at best.He'll never be a regular player for us.

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Not having it. 

You’re asking a 19 year old to not switch off for one single second after deciding to try and sit back and defend a lead for 60 minutes. 

It wasn't switching off. He was fully aware and made a bad decision to get drawn in and not stay with his assigned man. I think it was Clark who was already on the man he ran towards and left the space for the Bournemouth player completely unchallenged. 

Going forward we look OK and have created quite a few decent openings.  I'm not having the complete doom and gloom.  Frustrating that we have (seemingly) sat back and invited pressure but for some poor decision making (mostly from Lawrence) we could easily have scored 2 or 3 goals. There are some positives in this performance if you're willing to look for them.

Archived