Nasa announce announcement

maxjam

14 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

can somebody please explain to a cynic like myself, who isn't convinced that Man landed on the moon, and believes it was another conspiracy to dupe gullible Americans into not questioning where billions of dollars disappeared to, why man hasn't returned to the moon since? Particularly considering the massive advances in technological capabilities.

Because it was basically a competition- an exciting one by all means- to prove whether America or Russia had procured the best Nazi scientists at the end of the war and who was capable of potentially creating the scariest weapons the quickest. Plus the kudos of doing it. When they realised it was no longer productive to measure dicks as it was costing billions and taxpayers weren't happy to fund it at such an excess,  they began working together in the 70's. No need to go to the moon anymore .  That may change now China seem intent on doing things with it .  Expect Americans to be back on it in 5 years.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

can somebody please explain to a cynic like myself, who isn't convinced that Man landed on the moon, and believes it was another conspiracy to dupe gullible Americans into not questioning where billions of dollars disappeared to, why man hasn't returned to the moon since? Particularly considering the massive advances in technological capabilities.

2 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Off the top of my head

- The USA beat the Russians, viewing figures were dropping off, the political will wasn't there anymore.

- We'd also achieved pretty much all we could at the time with manned landings.

- It's far easier, safer and cheaper to send unmanned vehicles.

Pffft, not been to the moon.  How could Neil Armstrong have seen aliens on the moon if he never went ?

Not to mention have you ever seen Buzz Aldrin go that guy that questions of it happened or not? You can fake a lot of stuff but you can’t fake the rage he felt after somebody questioned his greatest achievement. For that reason alone I believe it happened! If it didn’t give Buzz an Oscar.

8 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Not to mention have you ever seen Buzz Aldrin go that guy that questions of it happened or not? You can fake a lot of stuff but you can’t fake the rage he felt after somebody questioned his greatest achievement. For that reason alone I believe it happened! If it didn’t give Buzz an Oscar.

Even if you don't believe anything else, how many people do you think it would have taken to fake a moon landing - numerous times.  No evidence of this has ever surfaced.  Its either the first time in history that a secret that massive has actually been kept or it happened. 

Furthermore, the USA were racing the Russians to the moon at the time and they never disputed it or dismissed it as fake news etc.  Its healthy to be sceptical but sometimes you just have to believe that the Earth is indeed round!

9 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

The answer to this question is simply we went far earlier than we should have, from a technical ability perspective. There's more computer power in a coffee machine than we had on Apollo.

On 21/10/2020 at 22:26, maxjam said:

What could it be?

Aliens?

Its hollow?

Made of cheese?

Whatever it is the announcement will take place at 5pm in the UK on Monday 26 October.  Audio will be streamed live on its website.

I don’t believe it ! They have a corner flag for announcements ?????

On 22/10/2020 at 23:13, Ramslad1992 said:

Always thought Ali-G questioning Buzz what he felt about Michael Jackson copying his 'moonwalk' was a good question amongst others. He was asking sensible questions we all wanted answers to. Nasa take note!

On 23/10/2020 at 08:06, GboroRam said:

The answer to this question is simply we went far earlier than we should have, from a technical ability perspective. There's more computer power in a coffee machine than we had on Apollo.

Maybe they can use a coffee machine to get us there next time. The astronauts could have a cuppa anytime then during the flight!

12 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Maybe they can use a coffee machine to get us there next time. The astronauts could have a cuppa anytime then during the flight!

Then they can say they have bean to the moon back.

Archived