If the Cocu outers get their way !

Curtains

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Well he will be gone after Forest if we lose.  

So don’t worry 

The new Derby way.

How many more managers are we willing to get through? I dont like the fact we are losing too many games, not scoring any goals.

But getting rid of another manager isnt going help. Having darren wassel manage us until its settled isnt a plan.

i dont know hat the cure is to the Derby disease. amputating the manager is a non starter.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Love that it’s my fault you’re having to resort to personal insults - all because I won’t agree with you! 

There's agreeing and disagreeing and then there's talking flagrant poo, pretending that black is white and that things which literally happened, didn't happen.

I also find it hilarious that you took me saying "you don't have to act like a negative tosspot" so personally, it could have been about anyone, but hey, I guess you feel the cap fits so wear it.

I also love that you're so upset about the use of such a harmless, hardly offensive word and using it to take the moral high ground.

Anyway you needn't bother replying to this, you've achieved the honour of being only the second poster I've ever had to put on ignore. Goodbye, tosspot.

...well you would be, if I could actually figure out how. I'll probably have changed my mind in an hour anyway. ?

13 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Yes, because Rowett was a bad manager. Cocu isn't a bad manager in the Eredivise, but he's not a Championship manager. His style isn't working, and even with more of his own players nothing has changed, we're no closer. In a year we should be looking coherent, but we don't, do we? We should be seeing signals of the ultimate plan, I don't see anything. I see a disjointed team with no direction. I see a manager now out of his depth. 

Why exactly was rowett a bad manger ?

he got the most out of the players at his disposal ?

his style isn’t for many but we poo housed promotion under billy playing a similarly attritional football. There were actually some bloody good games under rowett despite the lack of quality and I for one found it quite reassuring going into games knowing the opposition would have to work bloody hard to score against us ... u like now where we gift wrap chances to them 

Bad manager rowett seems to be doing the biz again at Millwall doesn’t he 

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

Why exactly was rowett a bad manger ?

he got the most out of the players at his disposal ?

his style isn’t for many but we poo housed promotion under billy playing a similarly attritional football. There were actually some bloody good games under rowett despite the lack of quality and I for one found it quite reassuring going into games knowing the opposition would have to work bloody hard to score against us ... u like now where we gift wrap chances to them 

Bad manager rowett seems to be doing the biz again at Millwall doesn’t he 

He bought badly, his football was bad, and we weren't actually close to going up. He's a manager for a smaller team like Millwall where the fans will get right behind him. I wouldn't trade Cocu for him and I'm no Cocu fan. 

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Yes. 

Rubbish, Cocu has no choice of playing them due to Mel wanting academy players in, the only one who has impressed is Knight, the others are hit and miss. So is Cocu really getting the best out of them? Not for me.

Playing devil's advocate. 

Discount Barrow as a preseason game

Reading we would probably expect to beat, but they are currently top of the league so that result doesn't look so bad now

Preston we were winning until MTW got sent off, and only lost to an injury time penalty

Luton we lost due to a late goal

Blackburn we started well but were bamboozled by 3 quick goals in succession, at least it didn't end 7 or 8-0

Norwich we weren't great but we executed a game plan and won

Watford was decided by a quality individual goal (albeit aided by slack marking) 

Huddersfield we lost by one goal and didn't have any strikers. All other issues (Martin/Marriott) aside Rooney would no doubt have started if it weren't for isolating. 

If we're judging PC by style, adaptability, tactics, team selection, and motivation then obviously we're falling well short, but lets imagine if even Waghorn and Lawrence started the season fit, I think its fair to say they would have a couple between them by now (goals not pints!) and we could be sitting maybe 6 points better off, and 9 from the first 6 wouldn't be too bad. It would put us into the top 10.

I think we ought to stick for now, give the man 5 or 6 games with a majority of players fit and then reassess. We could do without paying several million in compensation, and another man coming in and tearing the team up again. As long as we don't start to look like we'll get cut off lets try to keep to the long term plan.

1 hour ago, mozza said:

If he's outed, (hope not), i'd sooner Wassall temporarily took charge. 

Given the financial constraints we're clearly under (bargain basement, scraping the barrel signings with the expectation of Jóźwiak), Marriott and Martin both being 'replaced' by Kazim-Richards, not able to bring in any of our main striker targets) it seems pretty likely that if Cocu leaves we'll end up with Rooney and/or Wassall, simply because they're both already on the payroll and we'll have to pay up Cocu's contract.

Do we really want that?  Personally I'd rather stick with Cocu than end up with that scenario.

Yes it's a results business but I've never known a manager have so much to deal with on and off the field:-

• Not getting a proper transfer window or pre-season last year due to the Lampard-Chelsea move taking so long to finalize
  • Flagship signing Bielik picks up an injury early in the season that keeps him out for a year
  • The Joiner's Arms accident resulting in the loss of Keogh
  • Late payment of the players wages in December due to cashflow issues
  • The EFL Charge that never was resulting in a Soft Embargo
  • The COVID Pandemic and resulting loss of income and having to play without fans in the stadium
  • Wisdom getting stabbed in an unprovoked attack and missing the last 7 games of the season
  • Rooney being forced into self-isolation due to the reckless actions of his 'friend' (even last night, awful as it was, could have been very different if Rooney had been available).

Of course adverse events have impacted other managers (e.g. Thorne getting injured straight away etc) and COVID is affecting all clubs but the quantity and scale of the above events in the space of just over year is, well, just unprecedented. Yet he's dealt with all the above with his characteristic quiet dignity.

At the very least he surely deserves the opportunity to get all his summer signings fully match fit, get Bielik back, get Rooney back and get Waghorn and Lawrence fully match fit too.

If we're still losing match after match once all that's happened then maybe we have to take another look at it but for now he deserves our support until at least the next international break and preferably Xmas.

The Rooney-Gregory story seemed to me to reveal something going on in the background. 
the additional appointments to the coaching staff in the summer are also indicative of MM patch repairs.

as I have said before, it smells like we are headed for regime Change. 
but what has changed my position are the institutional failures.

recruitment decisions being made by others

the failure to recruit a proper striker

the failure to recognise what a hindrance and distraction WR has become

The nightmare scenario of Rooney and Gregory. 

I expect to see more moves designed to make Cocu snap.
the cost of sacking him is probably the only thing saving him. 

given the alternatives, I’d rather stick with the man in charge in spite of everything. 

13 minutes ago, Andicis said:

He bought badly, his football was bad, and we weren't actually close to going up. He's a manager for a smaller team like Millwall where the fans will get right behind him. I wouldn't trade Cocu for him and I'm no Cocu fan. 

I imagine he bought badly because he was concerned that it we were sat midtable he’d be a gonner. So he bought seasoned pro’s to try and smuggle us in to the prem through the back door. In hindsight this hasn’t turned out great for us but let’s remember he finished 6th and put a number of teams to the sword. We also came close to signing Lookman on loan who I genuinely believe would’ve helped us overcome the February curse. 

How we’re playing at the moment I’d take any poohouse manager just to get us winning matches again. However I am aware others aren’t as flexible in their football philosophy and that’s fine providing the man in charge can still get results. Not seeing that at the moment.

13 minutes ago, Rample said:

If we're judging PC by style, adaptability, tactics, team selection, and motivation then obviously we're falling well short, but lets imagine if even Waghorn and Lawrence started the season fit, I think its fair to say they would have a couple between them by now (goals not pints!) and we could be sitting maybe 6 points better off, and 9 from the first 6 wouldn't be too bad. It would put us into the top 10.

Ifs, buts, and maybes. We're sat on 3 points, we've lost to teams with worse squads than us and we're not improving. At some point we have to stop saying ''poor unlucky Cocu'' and start looking at his decisions.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

His issue is that he can't read the questions on the coaching exam paper yet, but he's having extra sessions with Kip McGrath, and we hope he will be able to read at a 5 year old level by the end of the season.

On the bright side the rainbow he drew in crayons to put in his window to support the NHS was very good, and I think he also used them to design our new third kit, so maybe he has a future in the arts.

FTFY and went a bit overboard

3 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

I love a good conspiracy me, don't you think it's funny how Rooney won't be around the club for 2 weeks even though he's not got covid?

Will something happen soon and Rooney is keeping well out of it till it's done????.

I love a good conspiracy me ?

How do you know hes not got covid?

2 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

He's had a test

yeah but like 3 days after contact?

Thats why hes self isolating because same test on day 4 could show he had it.

Archived