Jason Knight

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Andicis said:

He's a technically better footballer than Bryson ever was. They're similar in stature and play style, but Knight's more gifted and has potential be better than Bryson. 

Once he smashes that hat trick against Forest, then he will be better than Bryson. Until then keep shooting for the stars young man ????????

5 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Not sure the status on Buchanan is all that telling. Good that he win them but Buendia, Arrons and Skipp were his main adversaries and all are about the same height.

10 recoveries for Knight is thr big stat in there. That's first to the ball, reading the game and breaking up play. Exactly what we need.

3 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Not sure the status on Buchanan is all that telling. Good that he win them but Buendia, Arrons and Skipp were his main adversaries and all are about the same height.

10 recoveries for Knight is thr big stat in there. That's first to the ball, reading the game and breaking up play. Exactly what we need.

Knight was truly brilliant.

Nevertheless, regardless of the stats, there's no need to knock Buchanan. He played much better today. There was that one mistake where Marshall rescued it with an incredible save. He does seem to have a problem with people running in behind him but he will conquer that with more experience.

4 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Nevertheless, regardless of the stats, there's no need to knock Buchanan. He played much better today. There was that one mistake where Marshall rescued it with an incredible save. He does seem to have a problem with people running in behind him but he will conquer that with more experience.

I didn't  knock Buchanan. Urged caution around his stats and highlighted one about Knight.

5 hours ago, IslandExile said:

I also liked Buchanan's reaction to the mistake....... knew what he'd done, head in hands - showed he also cared and will learn from it I'm sure

16 hours ago, Derby blood said:

I thought Knight was very good today, gave us much needed energy in the middle, when Bielik is back we will look very strong in the middle 2 of Bird, Bielik, Knight and Shinnie, for me Bielik, and then it will be Bird or Knight, thing is with Knight he does alot of unnoticed work, think he will be a very important player for us for years to come. 

Said it before but bielik as it stands has a lot to do to get in ahead of some of the aforementioned 

his performances prior to injury could be described as mixed at best 

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Said it before but bielik as it stands has a lot to do to get in ahead of some of the aforementioned 

his performances prior to injury could be described as mixed at best 

I think Bielik will be an important player for us this season.  Can’t argue against his performances being mixed before his injury but we shouldn’t forget that he is also still young at 22 and will learn.  He will need to earn his place but with the balance of our team I think we will need his physical presence.

27 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

I think Bielik will be an important player for us this season.  Can’t argue against his performances being mixed before his injury but we shouldn’t forget that he is also still young at 22 and will learn.  He will need to earn his place but with the balance of our team I think we will need his physical presence.

Whole team was crap then though, too. We only picked up after Christmas.

One other thing about that run....

It was the 86th minute! When he could have been forgiven for being knackered and just hoofing the ball away. For a second I thought he was going to go clean through and score. 

good job he didn’t or we’d have Man City on the phone this morning.

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

One other thing about that run....

It was the 86th minute! When he could have been forgiven for being knackered and just hoofing the ball away. For a second I thought he was going to go clean through and score. 

good job he didn’t or we’d have Man City on the phone this morning.

Showed a cracking level of self confidence and determination for a young. Left everyone treading water (possibly cause they expected him to just play safe!)

great to see from an academy lad. Hopefully with the new signings and returning players we can be sensible and not burn the kids out. Using knight, bird, Sibley, Whittaker (who really looks to be growing in confidence and stature) and now Buchanan at the right times and keeping them sharp.

great to be writing about such a promising crop in the first team picture. Not to mention those just behind them.

im more excited by this approach than that of clement, Rowett and Pearson. 

perseverance and positivity is key! 

Archived