Jason Knight

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

i think weve seen today why he needs to start in the middle. great energy for that run in the 87min. 

i dont like him out wide. it feels like were just shoe horning him into midfield somewhere to accommodate other players. abit like ericksson did with scholes to fit lampard gerrard beckham in 

Surely it was because we had no fit wingers?

46 minutes ago, timmo said:

Dont want to bring an ex red dog into the conversation but he has the attributes to be the next Roy Keane. 

One of the big differences between the two is Knight looks as though he enjoys playing and shows it - smiles rather than glowers.

I thought Knight was very good today, gave us much needed energy in the middle, when Bielik is back we will look very strong in the middle 2 of Bird, Bielik, Knight and Shinnie, for me Bielik, and then it will be Bird or Knight, thing is with Knight he does alot of unnoticed work, think he will be a very important player for us for years to come. 

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

Great to see Cocu picking him out in his post match interview. And judging by the facial expression, he was very impressed ?

He was quite giddy for Phil! Hope this means he'll be prioritised as a centre mid. Well played son! .fast becoming my favourite player.

Absolutely love his work rate and energy. He’s one of those players that gives 100% for 90 minutes, week in, week out. A lot of other players in our team could learn from his attitude to the game. 

He might not have such “special” technical ability compared to Sibley, but at the moment, he’s the more accomplished footballer imo. He’s more consistent, and more reliable on the ball currently. Maybe not a starter every week, but he’s very versatile, and a great player to have in the squad.

Was a very good performance from him today as well. No surprise really when deployed centrally, which is by far his best position imo. Worked tirelessly throughout the game, putting in challenges, pressing opponents and getting up and down the pitch. He was one of the few players in our team to actually be brave enough to carry the ball through midfield and drive at the Norwich defence, and his passing was superb all game too. That run to win the freekick arguably won us the game as well. Take a bow Jason lad.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Similar to bryson, who was also great in his prime.
similar to willie Carlin.

please don’t turn this into an unnecessary criticism of Bryson thread.

It’ll probably turn into a Chris Martin thread. Most of the others do. 

3 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

thats kinda my point. much more effective in a central position. 

It wasn't your point. You said were doing it so we could play others in CM. That is a completely different reason. 

Knight is definitely a midfielder, need to play him centrally to get the most out of him. We’ve been missing a box to box midfielder and he fits the bill. Even playing out of position he does a job. Almost first name on the team sheet. Be interesting if he goes on to surpass Jeff. 

2 hours ago, timmo said:

Dont want to bring an ex red dog into the conversation but he has the attributes to be the next Roy Keane.  Huge desire, driving runs  an eye for goal, and a little bit of nastiness thrown in for good measure. 

Please Cocu dont stick him on the wing 

Snap!!! For a while now that’s exactly who I’ve thought he resembles ?? if he’s as anywhere near as good as Keane was then we’ve got a player on our hands ???

Archived