Jason Knight

MackworthRamIsGod

I don't think anyone's ran that far with the ball for months, my god was that nice to see, it was like we had Russell or Ward back for a second or two. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the kid's attitude. Every game I've seen him play he works his socks off, but initially I thought him less likely than some of the other bright young things to prosper. Think I've probably got that wrong to be fair as he seems to be the one who is showing relentless improvement with every game played. Didn't Phil single him out as showing more heart than most too or did I imagine that? Can't think Cocu won't have clocked what we're seeing in any case. I'd think he'd be one of the first names on the team sheet on current form and long may it last.

It was a great driving run by Jason, particularly being so late in the game. What I thought was even better was the interception he made to get the ball - he must have made 20 yards to nick it off the Norwich player before the lung-bursting run.

Agree with most of the comments on here. In terms of balance I think our best midfield 3 will be Bielik, Knight & Bird. Although Cocu might want to play Bielik as the Sweeper in a back 3. 
Team could look like -

Marshall
              Evans     Bielik     Clarke
Byrne.                                     Buchanan
                         Bird Knight
             Ibe.                          Jozwiak                                     
                        New Striker

Knight has rightly received praise for his performance but I thought Morgan Whitaker made a big difference when he came on and won some very good free kicks and carried the ball well. 

19 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

Agree with most of the comments on here. In terms of balance I think our best midfield 3 will be Bielik, Knight & Bird. Although Cocu might want to play Bielik as the Sweeper in a back 3. 
Team could look like -

Marshall
                         Bird Knight
                        New Striker

Knight has rightly received praise for his performance but I thought Morgan Whitaker made a big difference when he came on and won some very good free kicks and carried the ball well. 

Best if the sprigs in my opinion but Buchanan looks to be a very fast learner.

2 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Quickly becoming my favourite Ram

At least three potential MOTM candidates. How long since we had that. Difficult to play well in front of a crap defence. A lot easier with an excellent GK and a solid defence.

10 hours ago, RamNut said:

One other thing about that run....

It was the 86th minute! When he could have been forgiven for being knackered and just hoofing the ball away. For a second I thought he was going to go clean through and score. 

good job he didn’t or we’d have Man City on the phone this morning.

Delap in squad again. Lowe been in squad twice so far.

27 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

Team could look like -

Marshall
                         Bird Knight
                        New Striker

Davies must play as the only good defensive organiser. Clarke does better playing alongside an old head eg Keogh or Davies. Keogh's influence on other players is now perfectly clear 

On 04/10/2020 at 10:30, Donnyram said:

I think Bielik will be an important player for us this season.  Can’t argue against his performances being mixed before his injury but we shouldn’t forget that he is also still young at 22 and will learn.  He will need to earn his place but with the balance of our team I think we will need his physical presence.

Totally agree

Hes clearly Got the talent, needs a season or two playing regular football and Iv not doubt he’ll be a massive player for us 

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Totally agree

Hes clearly Got the talent, needs a season or two playing regular football and Iv not doubt he’ll be a massive player for us 

I think he’s already a massive player for us. Another season or two improving at this rate and he’ll be a massive player for somebody else.

Big “if”, though. The greatest talent produced in my generation will be playing against us for Watford in our next fixture.

Just now, Duracell said:

I think he’s already a massive player for us. Another season or two improving at this rate and he’ll be a massive player for somebody else.

Big “if”, though. The greatest talent produced in my generation will be playing against us for Watford in our next fixture.

Except he won't be, because they're trying to sell him and haven't included him in a match day squad all season

..facts needing checking on that, but they definitely are excluding players they expect to move on from their selections.

2 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Think it’s a shame Hughes never advanced further. With how good he was at 19-20 I thought for sure he’d play for England one day. Don’t think he ever became the player his potential suggested. 

Hendrick meanwhile has had a solid career that is still going upwards. 

3 minutes ago, Longeatonram2020 said:

Think it’s a shame Hughes never advanced further. With how good he was at 19-20 I thought for sure he’d play for England one day. Don’t think he ever became the player his potential suggested. 

ACL did not help.

7 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Not sure what you mean... He plays in the Premier League for Newcastle?

Hughesy is fantastic. The little wizard who played for us is still in there.

unfortunately he moved to Watford who reprogrammed him to be very defensive. 
he needs to play up higher up the pitch. 

9 hours ago, Coconut said:

Except he won't be, because they're trying to sell him and haven't included him in a match day squad all season

..facts needing checking on that, but they definitely are excluding players they expect to move on from their selections.

Proves my point! Can't even get a game for Watford! pah. 

10 hours ago, Longeatonram2020 said:

Unfortunately we missed out on a sell on for Hendrick !

13 hours ago, Duracell said:

Will Hughes had a minor operation in pre season and hasn't played since & is unlikely to be available against us 

Watching Knight closely in the build up. He was covering a Norwich player on the right and kept checking his position. Then when the ball moved inside he shifted over to a central midfielder before cleverly intercepting the loose ball. The rest was magic and as someone said, the energy after 86 minutes of the game was so impressive

Archived