Jason Knight

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

He's fast becoming my favourite player. As some other posters have mentioned, his reaction to the penalty miss was electric!

He has the passion of Sibley and the maturity of Bird. He's also incredibly consistent for his age. Our youth prospects are exceptional and I think he's the best of the bunch.

Our ‘best prospect’ does seem to be changing quite frequently on here. Whittaker next?

Sibleys our best prospect hands down imo, just not quite ready to be starting most games this year and is probably the least mature and consistent  out of our young players he should develop alot you would hope by the back end of the season. 

If I was ranking the 5 around the team as prospects I would go:

1. Sibley 2. Knight 3. Whittaker 4.Bird 5. Buchanan 

Putting Bird 4th is controversial to some but I think the 3 above him are better prospects  with Whittaker and Sibley standing out the most at youth level and Knight looking the most equipped to playing week in week out championship football at the minute.  Atleast 2 of those will make it as Premier league quality players you would hope with most of them  hopefully making it at this level. 

20 hours ago, Duracell said:

I think he’s already a massive player for us. Another season or two improving at this rate and he’ll be a massive player for somebody else.

Big “if”, though. The greatest talent produced in my generation will be playing against us for Watford in our next fixture.

I was talking about bielik lol 

I wonder if Knight could do a job up front. He has good awareness of being in the right place at the right time, and his finishing isn't too sloppy. His high work rate and fitness would also help.

I'm not saying start him there every match, but (especially if we don't bring anyone in) I think he'd offer an option. 

8 minutes ago, Crazy said:

I wonder if Knight could do a job up front. He has good awareness of being in the right place at the right time, and his finishing isn't too sloppy. His high work rate and fitness would also help.

I'm not saying start him there every match, but (especially if we don't bring anyone in) I think he'd offer an option. 

Well if only he'd been a left back like Moxey then I'd say of course he can... ?

Jason Knight has a great tactical mind and puts himself in the right place half a second ahead of the game.

Rooney might take a leaf out of Dave Mackay's book. A great player who, when he slowed down a little, played out from the middle but never stopped shouting instructions to the team throughout the match. The players trusted his judgement and reacted quickly.

Those fractions of a second make the difference between a near miss and a goal.

I see Knight as a young Roy Keane. I believe he has immense potential, and actual levels of consistency in the side are probably higher than the other ‘prospects’ at this moment in time.

Whittaker is getting better every time he gets on the pitch and becoming a bit of nightmare for the opposition when he runs on to them. I also like his confidence in taking a shot.

Buchanan had a good last game for us, but I think just needs to be more spatially aware of what sort of runs the opposition will make when the have set plays or are attacking.

Bird just needs that confidence to play the ball forward more, and looks happier when Rooney is nearer him.

Sibley will benefit from some respite from playing at the moment, and to fulfil his obvious potential needs to figure out how he will get out of situations where he is heavily marked in matches as opposing teams clearly see him as a danger. Scoring the hat trick so early on in his career might, in hindsight, not have helped his immediate development- though his potential and class is there to see.

Archived