This isn't all on Cocu

MackworthRamIsGod

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Carrying the team.  Yesterday they were a liability.

They have to step up as Rooney says  

It’s easy for Rooney to point fingers at the young players, rather than show real leadership and take a look at himself and his own contribution.

The experienced players have been just as much a liability and need to step up just as much.

Rooney being first on the list.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jourdan said:

It’s easy for Rooney to point fingers at the young players, rather than show real leadership and take a look at himself and his own contribution.

The experienced players have been just as much a liability and need to step up just as much.

Rooney has carried the younger players for months .

He can’t do it all on his own 

3 hours ago, Ellafella said:

The football is terrible and the results are terrible. The players look worse than they are. Cocu and his crowd of coaches have had 12 months. It’s a results business. I have followed and supported Derby since I was 4 years old. I’m 55 now. Things will not get better under this regime. We are too easy to play against. Stability under this guy will lead us to League 1. We are going backwards and downwards. I don’t like this fact but it’s plain to see and has been for a good while. Cocu has called a few performances “unacceptable” yet nothing changes. What does that tell you? 

All businesses are results businesses

3 hours ago, Ellafella said:

The football is terrible and the results are terrible. The players look worse than they are. Cocu and his crowd of coaches have had 12 months. It’s a results business. I have followed and supported Derby since I was 4 years old. I’m 55 now. Things will not get better under this regime. We are too easy to play against. Stability under this guy will lead us to League 1. We are going backwards and downwards. I don’t like this fact but it’s plain to see and has been for a good while. Cocu has called a few performances “unacceptable” yet nothing changes. What does that tell you? 

I am a little surprised that you didn’t add that this season you and Edward aren’t going to any games out of protest. I might actually have believed you on this occasion ?

5 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

In fairness, that is what he said.

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I admire your very eloquent passage which obviously you've put a lot of thought into but sometimes it's just impossible to defend the indefensible.

Cocu needs to get some big breaks going his way very, very soon as that's the only manner at the moment things are going to improve and currently I just can't see it happening.

Very eloquent passage, thank you ?

I wrote it whilst trying to ensure my toddler doesnt miss his potty while aiming. Took me ages to correct the mistakes, of the passage.

The young players are going through that stage all young players do.... They burst on the scene full of energy and adrenaline and unknown to the opposition. Then that initial rush becomes the norm opposition players work on ways to close you down and suddenly the great new hope is struggling. 

This is when the one's that make it come to the fore they work harder listen more to the senior pro's and work it out... Mason Mount went through it, Harry Wilson to a degree Tomori too. 

Rooney has been that player knows what it takes and knows who needs a sharp reminder and who needs a gentle word. Now days he needs others to provide the energy and movement to allow him to perform you saw it just once yesterday with that high level ball for Sibley to break the line. 

3 points at Norwich would put a completely different outlook on things. From my perspective, I’m just not a big fan of the laborious build up play, and although I can see the reasons Mel appointed Cocu, for total football, development of academy players and doing it the Derby way, we need to get fitter, more direct and show some fight.

5 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

3 points at Norwich would put a completely different outlook on things. From my perspective, I’m just not a big fan of the laborious build up play, and although I can see the reasons Mel appointed Cocu, for total football, development of academy players and doing it the Derby way, we need to get fitter, more direct and show some fight.

3 points against Norwich? Your having a laugh, we would do well to pick up 3 points against Wycombe or Rotherham never mind Norwich. Can't see us getting a point until November. 

18 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Rooney has carried the younger players for months .

He can’t do it all on his own 

Rooney was an incredible player, but even players of his stature are not infallible to a decline over time. You have to be an incredible physical specimen like say Ibrahimovic or Cristiano Ronaldo to avoid it.

The Championship is increasingly becoming all about fitness, pace, agility, athleticism, power, intensity and desire - none of which he can offer at this current time. His football brain is no use if the rest of his body is miles behind.

Rooney is not being picked on at all. People are just waking up to the fact that he has limitations, the kind of which will hurt the team again and again moving forward.

Personally it’s frightening that he’s central to the project moving forward. The midfield is where games are being lost.

Just now, Jourdan said:

Rooney was an incredible player, but even players of his stature are not infallible to a decline over time. You have to be an incredible physical specimen like say Ibrahimovic or Cristiano Ronaldo to avoid it.

The Championship is increasingly becoming all about fitness, pace, agility, athleticism, power, intensity and desire - none of which he can offer at this current time. His football brain is no use if the rest of his body is miles behind.

Rooney is not being picked on at all. People are just waking up to the fact that he has limitations, the kind of which will hurt the team again and again moving forward.

Personally it’s frightening that he’s central to the project moving forward. The midfield is where games are being lost.

Give it 10 League games and see where we are. 

Im not in your negative mindset just yet. 

1 minute ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

No, but the team is currently rubbish under current management and the players seem to have no confidence which will only get worse. 

But Cocu gave 5 Academy players game time yesterday.

How do you know the players are going out and following instructions or just doing their own thing. 

Archived