This isn't all on Cocu

MackworthRamIsGod

12 hours ago, Ellafella said:

The football is terrible and the results are terrible. The players look worse than they are. Cocu and his crowd of coaches have had 12 months. It’s a results business. I have followed and supported Derby since I was 4 years old. I’m 55 now. Things will not get better under this regime. We are too easy to play against. Stability under this guy will lead us to League 1. We are going backwards and downwards. I don’t like this fact but it’s plain to see and has been for a good while. Cocu has called a few performances “unacceptable” yet nothing changes. What does that tell you? 

Yes it's a results business. That's the factor that eventually overrides any mitigation (injuries, bad luck, bad referee, bad attitudes, financial constraints, Joinersgate, Covid etc. ). Due to the nature of recent performances, Philip Cocu has a massive challenge to turn things around and I don't envy him. Not sure why the  players aren't doing their jobs at the moment? Most managers / coaches, will tell you that having an off day is one thing, but not putting in the effort / trying your best is not acceptable and is short changing everyone, not least the clubs loyal supporters. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

I have seen some shocking defending lately and it’s not just us especially when you look at the premiership this season. Probably all down to

tackling being banned

yellow card for any mistimed attempt to tackle or block 

no closing down crosses

no one on a post at corners

players and managers being highly paid for failure

oh and some idiot in a room rewriting the rules of football making it unattractive and only suitable for cheats to prosper  

This post is a breath of fresh air amongst the mass of "Cocu out" repeated threads. It deserves a thread of its own.

I absolutely agree with you. The governing bodies are ruining the game we love.

And don't get me started on accidental handballs or offsides by a toenail.

On 27/09/2020 at 18:18, Curtains said:

Oh go on share it. 

Ex Academy players .

Blimey they have proved nothing yet. 

Remember Callum Ball and Miles Addison 

They have proved they are good enough to get into that team, now where there lack of experience comes in is unfortunately right now in terms of they should be taken out the firing line but they can’t.

Yes you are right in terms of the two ex players you mention but I think we all agree these are a very different crop of talent.

Wasnt trying to be rude but Lawrence hasn’t fulfilled his potential and has discipline problems, one good game in what, 3 - 5?. To say you won’t critique him means little other than your bosom back. You will not find many fans who won’t say he’s not delivered on anywhere near a consistent basis.

Listen I’m not panicking, it’s three games in but for me we aren’t going in the right direction at all so that overall concerns me more.

Archived