A message for anyone saying Cocu out.

Bubbles

21 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

You think everyone will return next season after not being allowed to go this season or skipping this season, even if the football is boring? 

I've spoken to a few season ticket holders who aren't bothering this season and have said exactly this. People who have had a season ticket 10/15/20 years. These kind of fans are hard to replace. 

The ground is always quite full up because they've paid their money upfront for the season. 

We are talking about a completely different set of dynamics now. They need a good reason to return. I worry what the club's strategy is. They can't be complacent. 

I don't expect everyone to comeback people find other things to do and take on other commitments. However a winning team fills the ground Billy Davies got promotion with a team that mostly ground out results and the stadium well attended most weeks this followed on from many drifting away in the previous seasons. 

I have heard people saying they will give this season a miss that is understandable but many will return even though now they say they won't. Once it is in your blood football is a hard habit to break. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We’ve got to beat Blackburn or what? 
Seem to recall we were 19th at Christmas and yet Mel didn’t pull the trigger and we ended up 10th.

Mel is committed to the long term plan under Cocu, that will only change if relegation becomes a distinct possibility or a new owner comes in with different ideas.

Yes there will be more disgruntled fans but there was last season and Mel still held firm. I wasn’t sure he would but he ended up being proven right and i remain confident Cocu will silence any doubters in the long term.

As I said on another thread, what is the point bringing in a new manager working with the same resources and players at his disposal, unless there is doubt as to whether Cocu can do more with this squad, not the time to judge when some of this squad have literally been at Derby for days.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

The bars been raised from last season for Forest so the expectations get cranked up accordingly.

Forest dont have a plan either. Lots of short term signings and wages chasing the dream. It’s got to work otherwise they’ll be in the poo like we have been, only they don’t have a ground to sell to get out of it. Fact Sabri said himself they really need a good start to the season because of how last year ended tells you all you need to know. Wouldn’t be surprised if Maranakis pulls the trigger - would be a daft move imo.

Cocu is nowhere near under the same sort of pressure

45 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Who is calling for his head? Is it mostly twitter divas? 

Let’s be evidenced-based and conduct a poll. I agree that those calling for a change are a small minority. But there is a sensible number saying we must see improvement. Our defensive mistakes are the issue and our inability to score goals. We must improve otherwise we will become anchored at the bottom. 

, Do people literally have to use the phrase "Cocu out" in order for it to be obvious don't want him here anymore ?

"I've only seen one person actually say Cocu Out" yeah but I've seen maybe 15-20 others constantly undermining absolutely ducking everything he does, making snide little remakes about the him before, during and after the game across multiple threads, often when people aren't even discussing him / our play but something else entirely.

Having an opinion and criticising the play is one thing, being a relentless moaner and deliberately never seeing the upside to anything is another. 

When we can't even sign players without someone banging on about how Cocu's tactics will ruin him and it's pointless buying attacking players anyway... do they want Cocu out? Well no, clearly not I'd they haven't said as much. Would they be celebrating and being a snug ****** if he was sacked? Yes they bloody would. 

So again, do they want him out?.. errm, well... no, because then they'd have to find something else to bang on about and play the martyr because they're a bit ducking bored and don't have the stomach to see out a rough patch.

it's ducking tiresome and it isn't 'just a differing opinion'

I'm not worried

Reading and Barrow would both equally bad

Preston was better, and a bad refereeing decision cost us.

Luton was better again, we probably deserved something from that. xG had us basically level.

If Blackburn is better again, I'm sure we will get a result from it.

1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

He has to and will go this season if the football is boring. We can not afford to lose 5000+ fans. People will need a reason to return to matches next season. Many won't bother if we are boring. 

I don’t think plenty will bother anyway - people find other things to do and other things to spend their money on 

See the usual doom merchants are out again this morning. The last thing we need is another change of manager - someone who'll come in, wanting to bring his own backroom staff, have his own ideas of the players he wants to sign and quite possibly not give opportunities to the academy graduates in the same way Cocu has.

For pity sake have we not learnt anything in the last 5 years?

On the other hand, mel has seen somewhere between £7-15m come in from selling academy products and plenty of academy players in the first team, which is part of the breif to the manager.

I'd only expect Mel to be thinking about it if we're in danger around new year and or it's clear to him from the squad and around the club that they've given up on him.

38 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

See the usual doom merchants are out again this morning. The last thing we need is another change of manager - someone who'll come in, wanting to bring his own backroom staff, have his own ideas of the players he wants to sign and quite possibly not give opportunities to the academy graduates in the same way Cocu has.

I think people need to remember (not aimed directly at you Wolfie) that this is a forum and there should be open debate.  People do not need to be categorised by being 'in' or being 'out' where Cocu is concerned.  People for him should be able to see his deficiencies and people against him should be able to see the positives.

I really want Cocu to do well a) because he is Derby manager, b) due to the hand that he was dealt last season and c) that he has been bold enough to try multiple youngsters.  

The fact is we are in a terrible slump of form, we have not won in 7 out of our last 8 league games.  Add to this we were woeful against Barrow and we lost to Preston, in the cup.  If that continued for another 8-9 games, there would have to be serious questions asked.

There is no evidence to suggest 'time' and 'continuity' get you out of the championship.  Parker was in his first full season, as was Bilic.  Seasons before that Dean Smith (not even a full season), Warnock (first full season), Nuno at Wolves, Wagner (Huddersfield), Hughton in first full season.

The major exceptions to the above?  Bielsa (you can see how much he has improved average pros like Dallas, Cooper, Ayling etc - not something that can be said of Cocu) and Wilder (who year on year was dramatically improving Sheff Utd).  

The key to getting out of this division is decent loan signings from Europe or the premier league (Wolves with the Portuguese, Fulham with Mitrovic, Villa with Mings and Abraham, Huddersfield with Mooy, Ward, Kachunga.

For me, the football is terrible and reminds me so much of Clement and also Jaap Stam at Reading.  This will not suit the likes of Ibe and Jozwiak as they need to attack quickly rather than a slow build up.  The key man missing for me? Bielik, he is so much quicker at moving the ball forward than Shinnie, Rooney, Bird and Huddlestone before him.

1 hour ago, GrimsbyRam said:

I think people need to remember (not aimed directly at you Wolfie) that this is a forum and there should be open debate.  People do not need to be categorised by being 'in' or being 'out' where Cocu is concerned.  People for him should be able to see his deficiencies and people against him should be able to see the positives.

I really want Cocu to do well a) because he is Derby manager, b) due to the hand that he was dealt last season and c) that he has been bold enough to try multiple youngsters.  

The fact is we are in a terrible slump of form, we have not won in 7 out of our last 8 league games.  Add to this we were woeful against Barrow and we lost to Preston, in the cup.  If that continued for another 8-9 games, there would have to be serious questions asked.

There is no evidence to suggest 'time' and 'continuity' get you out of the championship.  Parker was in his first full season, as was Bilic.  Seasons before that Dean Smith (not even a full season), Warnock (first full season), Nuno at Wolves, Wagner (Huddersfield), Hughton in first full season.

The major exceptions to the above?  Bielsa (you can see how much he has improved average pros like Dallas, Cooper, Ayling etc - not something that can be said of Cocu) and Wilder (who year on year was dramatically improving Sheff Utd).  

The key to getting out of this division is decent loan signings from Europe or the premier league (Wolves with the Portuguese, Fulham with Mitrovic, Villa with Mings and Abraham, Huddersfield with Mooy, Ward, Kachunga.

For me, the football is terrible and reminds me so much of Clement and also Jaap Stam at Reading.  This will not suit the likes of Ibe and Jozwiak as they need to attack quickly rather than a slow build up.  The key man missing for me? Bielik, he is so much quicker at moving the ball forward than Shinnie, Rooney, Bird and Huddlestone before him.

Good post ...I also think our youngsters can’t be relied on to play too many games ...watching Bird closely recently ...he slows play down considerably and I think he’s going to be an amazing player but maybe needs to move it quicker at times 

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Why does everything need to be polarised in life. You can express your dissatisfaction with what's been served up over the past number of games without advocating for Cocu's employ to be terminated.

2 hours ago, Coconut said:

, Do people literally have to use the phrase "Cocu out" in order for it to be obvious don't want him here anymore ?

"I've only seen one person actually say Cocu Out" yeah but I've seen maybe 15-20 others constantly undermining absolutely ducking everything he does, making snide little remakes about the him before, during and after the game across multiple threads, often when people aren't even discussing him / our play but something else entirely.

Having an opinion and criticising the play is one thing, being a relentless moaner and deliberately never seeing the upside to anything is another. 

When we can't even sign players without someone banging on about how Cocu's tactics will ruin him and it's pointless buying attacking players anyway... do they want Cocu out? Well no, clearly not I'd they haven't said as much. Would they be celebrating and being a snug ****** if he was sacked? Yes they bloody would. 

So again, do they want him out?.. errm, well... no, because then they'd have to find something else to bang on about and play the martyr because they're a bit ducking bored and don't have the stomach to see out a rough patch.

it's ducking tiresome and it isn't 'just a differing opinion'

You know its possible not to be happy with the football on the pitch and yet not him sacked. To think he's done well with academy players and the way he conducts himself. To accept he hasn't had it easy. To think he's close to pulling it all in but frustrated with not doing it.

Like when people just wanted Nigel to be more positive. On the verge of a really good thing but always restricted by his negative tactics especially when winning. 

Whats getting tiresome is people saying somebody has said something (even using quotes) when they haven't. And then arguing with it. 

Who are these 15 to 20 people that make snide remarks across the forum? That want him sacked but for some reason haven't called for it (why wouldn't they?). That make snide remarks across multiple threads? 

I'm not overly impressed with Cocu. 

You call it a rough patch. Thats your opinion. What defines a "patch". You can't assume everyone sees it as a rough patch. Just like you think he's going to put together a good team and we'll turn a corner. Maybe some people don't. Like you think he's been dealt a rough hand. Maybe some people think he's not made the most of what he has?

I'm happy to debate with anyone about certain aspects. But this nonsense of people pretending the majority of critics have said something they haven't is ********. 

I'm interested to know who the 15 - 20 people are. I can think of 3 who don't debate and just make remarks. But to counter balance are those that don't debate and just make remarks about how all Derby fans are big babies making demands. 

Archived