Bird and Sibley new deals

Shipley Ram

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm glad that they have signed but arent you falling into the trap of over hyping our youngsters?

Bird has had half a decent season and you're describing him as one of the league best midfielders and Sibley has had 4 or 5 decent matches and you say he is heading that way too?

I'm all for supporting our youngsters but think you're going way over the top with your comments.

I genuinely think Bird is up there, think there was a good graph put on here the other day which showed his effectiveness compared to other players in the league. His ability on the ball is special. 

My comment on Sibley probably wasn’t very clear. I don’t think he’s at that level yet, but the point is I think he has the potential to get there. With more game time he’ll get better, but he is still very raw at the moment - as you’d expect, given he’s only played about 10 games.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I genuinely think Bird is up there, think there was a good graph put on here the other day which showed his effectiveness compared to other players in the league. His ability on the ball is special. 

My comment on Sibley probably wasn’t very clear. I don’t think he’s at that level yet, but the point is I think he has the potential to get there. With more game time he’ll get better, but he is still very raw at the moment - as you’d expect, given he’s only played about 10 games.

Bird is very good at keeping possession and passing.

That's good when you've got creative players around you.

I'd say our midfield has been anything but effective for a run of about 10 games.

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Bird is very good at keeping possession and passing.

That's good when you've got creative players around you.

I'd say our midfield has been anything but effective for a run of about 10 games.

I agree the balance isn’t quite right. In our current system, I think we’d be better with Bielik next to Bird. But I’d rather go a bit more attacking and switch to a 4-3-3.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

This one? 

20200830_074935.jpg

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

That’s the one! I know it’s all just statistics, but it’s got to mean something.

It definitely means something.

It means when Bielik is fit we will have a truly dominant central midfield partnership.

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That’s the one! I know it’s all just statistics, but it’s got to mean something.

I think there is a few other things aside from that show how highly regarded he is:

1) Rooney's comments about him

2) Getting the player's player of year last year 

3) Looks he is going to be (practically at least) be Vice Captain for the season 

4) That he has been ever present pretty much since he came in 

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

It definitely means something.

It means when Bielik is fit we will have a truly dominant central midfield partnership.

Would be interesting and I do think they might pair pretty well.

Honestly though I'd be keen to see us move to a 3 man midfield with Bird as the sole DM.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm glad that they have signed but arent you falling into the trap of over hyping our youngsters?

Bird has had half a decent season and you're describing him as one of the league best midfielders and Sibley has had 4 or 5 decent matches and you say he is heading that way too?

I'm all for supporting our youngsters but think you're going way over the top with your comments.

Christ, we've been waiting months for @Millenniumram to cheer up and as soon as he does  you immediately knock it out of the poor lad.@Van der MoodHooveris going to be out of a job if you keep this up.

7 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

They both deservse there new deals worked socks of for them and I hope both score on saturday.

I hope all 11 players score,  now what a game that would be. ?

Archived