Mike Te Wierik

DerbyRam!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Andicis said:

So we're now not allowed to criticise him if he plays bad? He's not a scapegoat, nobody has said he can't be good. He ducked up yesterday, he got called out the same as any other player. When he plays well, he'll get praise, same as any other player. 

I personally think he's got a lot to learn before he's ready to start for us. 

Now here’s where I don’t get you ,, some balanced stuff ,, fair enough

but then he’s got a lot to learn before he’s ready to start for us? 
he’s been bought to do a job for us not a squad player , like all players he may take a bit of time to adjust to English championship, the only real way he possibly does that is by playing championship football and the players he’s with,he not gonna learn it on the training pitch  We have this habit of getting players in and if they don’t hit the ground running letting them rot , that’s been down to managers and fans and it’s time it was stopped

5 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Just needs more playing time. He’s playing for a new team, in a new league, in a new country.

Will take him time to settle in but you can see there’s a player there and you know he’s a good professional because he was captain at Groningen. Will play much better and much more confidently once he’s got ten or so games under his belt.

100% agree.

Worth noting as well that he hasn't played a game of competitive football for quite a long time, as the Dutch season ended so early.

Just needs time to settle. Looks like a better version of George Evans to me, and I like George.

59 minutes ago, Archied said:

Now here’s where I don’t get you ,, some balanced stuff ,, fair enough

but then he’s got a lot to learn before he’s ready to start for us? 
he’s been bought to do a job for us not a squad player , like all players he may take a bit of time to adjust to English championship, the only real way he possibly does that is by playing championship football and the players he’s with,he not gonna learn it on the training pitch  We have this habit of getting players in and if they don’t hit the ground running letting them rot , that’s been down to managers and fans and it’s time it was stopped

As I explained later, I think he gets done by long balls too much. And that's a huge part of defending is this league. If he learns how to improve his positioning then he'll be fine, but why force him in if he's not ready for English football? Teach him on the training pitch, you can learn positioning on a training pitch, don't throw him in the deep end. We have players who can play CB.

I’d hardly say he’s being scapegoated. I’ve not seen anyone writing him off. He’s being blamed for last nights defeat because it was, arguably, his fault - he made a stupid mistake that left us with 10 men for half an hour. It was always an uphill battle from there.

Those sort of mistakes happen though, even to the very best of players. So it would hardly be fair to judge him on it, especially given it happened in a cup tie, given we’ve seen so little of him as of yet. FWIW I thought he was probably our best player in the Reading match (not a great accolade), which is the only significant game we’ve played so far, so I’m not overly concerned at the minute. If he continues making stupid errors for the next month or so then I’ll be worried he’s not going to work out. As things stand though, I’m still backing him based on his record in Holland.

7 hours ago, David said:

Not read the match thread as I know what you lot are like, but thought his sending off was a bit harsh last night, anyone agree? The Reading player ran straight across him, not entirely sure what the ref wanted him to do, but then I'm not entirely sure the ref has passed any refereeing course. 

Should get a job down some beach shop blowing up rubber dingys.

I said the same on the matchday thread.

Think the ref has got to consider if the striker is (a) attempting to get the ball (b) got any chance of getting it

Not sure you could say yes to either.

Like you say, he seemed to run at a funny angle to try and create the foul, and I think by doing this he gave himself no chance of getting the ball anyway.

Wasnt an awful decision by any means, you can see why he gave the red card but it would be good to know his thought process in only booking the guy who brought Whittaker down when he would have been in on goal.

4 hours ago, Andicis said:

As I explained later, I think he gets done by long balls too much. And that's a huge part of defending is this league. If he learns how to improve his positioning then he'll be fine, but why force him in if he's not ready for English football? Teach him on the training pitch, you can learn positioning on a training pitch, don't throw him in the deep end. We have players who can play CB.

So how did we find out his apparent weakness to high balls or any other weakness if not by playing him in ,,, 2 repeat 2 competitive games 

dont throw him in at the deep end???? He is not a kid comming out of our academy he is an accomplished player ,captain at his former club?

we have players who can play cb , yep but we’ve bought one who the manager obviously believes will be a better player in that position but hey let’s sign him , play him in 2 competitive games the drop him , that should speed his learning and boost his confidence 

as a matter of opinion is it poss that he’s just had a bit of a shxitter in his first two games , it happens 

Imagine all the goals we would've scored if MTW hadn't started? It makes me sick thinking about it. I would probably be so exasperated from celebrating all the goals in the 42-0 win against Reading and 67-0 win against Preston that I would've had a cardiac arrest. 

In all honest I've watched the entire Barrow game, 40 minutes of the Reading game and nothing of the Preston game. He didn't strike me as horrendous in anything I've seen as of yet so he must've had a pretty awful 150 minutes of football for the reaction to him so far. 

15 minutes ago, Archied said:

So how did we find out his apparent weakness to high balls or any other weakness if not by playing him in ,,, 2 repeat 2 competitive games 

dont throw him in at the deep end???? He is not a kid comming out of our academy he is an accomplished player ,captain at his former club?

we have players who can play cb , yep but we’ve bought one who the manager obviously believes will be a better player in that position but hey let’s sign him , play him in 2 competitive games the drop him , that should speed his learning and boost his confidence 

as a matter of opinion is it poss that he’s just had a bit of a shxitter in his first two games , it happens 

3, I repeat, 3, competitive games. So he was captain of another club, why's that relevant? He should be picked on merit, if he's not playing well put someone else in. It's football, you either take your chances when you play or you don't. The nature of the sport.

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

3, I repeat, 3, competitive games. So he was captain of another club, why's that relevant? He should be picked on merit, if he's not playing well put someone else in. It's football, you either take your chances when you play or you don't. The nature of the sport.

We just need more losses to make the late run for the top six more enjoyable.

6 hours ago, Andicis said:

Glad you’ve resoundingly let us know the number of games we give a new player fit in or be dropped, ?

out of interest should we also not throw the new polish lad in at the deep end? Does he also have 3 games to play well or be dropped to the reserves to learn?

16 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I’d hardly say he’s being scapegoated. I’ve not seen anyone writing him off. He’s being blamed for last nights defeat because it was, arguably, his fault - he made a stupid mistake that left us with 10 men for half an hour. It was always an uphill battle from there.

Those sort of mistakes happen though, even to the very best of players. So it would hardly be fair to judge him on it, especially given it happened in a cup tie, given we’ve seen so little of him as of yet. FWIW I thought he was probably our best player in the Reading match (not a great accolade), which is the only significant game we’ve played so far, so I’m not overly concerned at the minute. If he continues making stupid errors for the next month or so then I’ll be worried he’s not going to work out. As things stand though, I’m still backing him based on his record in Holland.

I think the ref was the cause of defeat last night , still cant believe he mistook Lees head for his hand , Te Wierik has come from a pipe and slippers league to an absolute rollercoaster of a league , he will get to grips with it and prove to be a shrewd signing

6 hours ago, Archied said:

Glad you’ve resoundingly let us know the number of games we give a new player fit in or be dropped, ?

out of interest should we also not throw the new polish lad in at the deep end? Does he also have 3 games to play well or be dropped to the reserves to learn?

If he's costing us games, then sure. 

58 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

I think the ref was the cause of defeat last night , still cant believe he mistook Lees head for his hand , Te Wierik has come from a pipe and slippers league to an absolute rollercoaster of a league , he will get to grips with it and prove to be a shrewd signing

Can get on board with that tbf, it was a shocking officiating performance. Robbed us of the chance at penalties.

24 minutes ago, Archied said:

You’d would obviously be much better than Cocu at getting our lads to play without fear?

the worrying part is you can’t see for a second how crazy the stuff is you come out with

It's really not crazy in the slightest, "take underperforming players out the team" wow, mental that mate.

Archived