Mike Te Wierik

DerbyRam!

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

It's really not crazy in the slightest, "take underperforming players out the team" wow, mental that mate.

Yea let’s sign New player from a different country even ,throw them into an injury ravaged side with a new cb partner then drop them after 3 say again 3 games once our more clued up fans have labelled them not very good ,,, yea I’m proper crazy me?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he will come good , lets not forget that his last competitive game was quite some time ago for his previous club , he is in a new country , new team mates.

He might need a couple of games out the team or on the bench to observe how the leagues he has played in previously are different to the championship but i would hope that the backroom team will have him watching tape of past games and he will pick it up quick enough.

7 minutes ago, Archied said:

Yea let’s sign New player from a different country even ,throw them into an injury ravaged side with a new cb partner then drop them after 3 say again 3 games once our more clued up fans have labelled them not very good ,,, yea I’m proper crazy me?

Never called you crazy, it was the other way around. In football you either hit the ground running or you ride the bench for a bit.

Or we could just label him not very good ,sick him in the reserves , get on his back anytime he gets a shot ,pay his wages for 3 years then give him away ,, seems the Derby way 

on the other hand we could could give him a run of games, get behind him as fans and see if we have a player

i know which one I go for

On 16/09/2020 at 13:23, LeedsCityRam said:

Also recall Clarke & Tomori having some pretty dicey opening first few games for  - sure Te Wierik will come good just like they did.

And Curtis Davies. I remember being really disappointed by his first few performances, but he went on to be our best player in his debut season for my money.

• 3 months later...
Just now, Millenniumram said:

Depends if you trust the opinions of those making the judgement.

What other judgement is there that makes any sense? A player who has spent all his career playing a different style of football - even he commented about it. Why be surprised he can't adapt.

16 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

No surprise when he’s clearly so far away from the first team picture. Seems very bizzare for him not to be involved at all at the moment though, with us so short on centre backs. The bloke came with a good reputation, and has barely been given a chance.

In what way is it bizarre? We've conceded 1 shot in 3 games and kept clean sheets in our last 4. Even without commenting on Te Wierik's ability, it's clear we don't have a problem defensively.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What other judgement is there that makes any sense? A player who has spent all his career playing a different style of football - even he commented about it. Why be surprised he can't adapt.

That maybe he’s been judged too harshly on the back of a couple of poor performances from the entire team early in the season? It might be the case that he can’t adapt, but he hasn’t really been given the chance to try. I’d suggest he’d do a lot better in the current side than the one early in the season.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

In what way is it bizarre? We've conceded 1 shot in 3 games and kept clean sheets in our last 4. Even without commenting on Te Wierik's ability, it's clear we don't have a problem defensively.

We don’t have a problem at the moment you’re right, and I’m certainly not calling for him to be starting. But with Davies injured, we are very short on other CB options. All we’ve got on the bench is Evans, who we’ve established isn’t exactly fantastic at centre half. Seems bizzare for Te Weirik to not be on the bench in case Wisdom gets injured.

We don’t have a problem at the moment you’re right, and I’m certainly not calling for him to be starting. But with Davies injured, we are very short on other CB options. All we’ve got on the bench is Evans, who we’ve established isn’t exactly fantastic at centre half. Seems bizzare for Te Weirik to not be on the bench in case Wisdom gets injured.

Fozzy can cover centre half. Buchanan probably could do it too, we also have some academy players that can fill in. It's clear Rooney doesn't rate Te Wierik, there is nothing really bizarre about it, the manager just doesn't think he's good enough. 

Would be good to get him off the wages and make a profit it on him.

However, my main concern is that he is our only natural centre back contracted beyond this summer.

If he goes, and with Davies out, we need at least 1 centre back in on a permanent in Jan. Evans can be 4th choice til the end of the season.

10 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if something wasn’t already sorted seeing as he isn’t even making the u23 squads now.

With what his agent has said it looks like there could be. Most importantly there are clubs interested in him.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Fozzy can cover centre half. Buchanan probably could do it too, we also have some academy players that can fill in. It's clear Rooney doesn't rate Te Wierik, there is nothing really bizarre about it, the manager just doesn't think he's good enough. 

Fozzy definitely can’t. I’d rather see Claude Davis back, even at his age, than watch that disaster again. Buchanan probably could in an emergency, but I’d rather have him where he’s comfortable, and excelling for that matter. It just doesn’t make any sense to me why we wouldn’t involve someone who is natural centre back, and has top flight experience, within the squad when we’re so short on other options. He’s got to be better than someone from the U23’s. The fact that Rooney doesn’t rate him, despite never trying him, is what seems bizzare to me.

Fozzy definitely can’t. I’d rather see Claude Davis back, even at his age, than watch that disaster again. Buchanan probably could in an emergency, but I’d rather have him where he’s comfortable, and excelling for that matter. It just doesn’t make any sense to me why we wouldn’t involve someone who is natural centre back, and has top flight experience, within the squad when we’re so short on other options. He’s got to be better than someone from the U23’s. The fact that Rooney doesn’t rate him, despite never trying him, is what seems bizzare to me.

Rooney has played with him and trained with him for most of the year, I’d imagine he’d have a pretty good scope on his abilities by now.

Archived