Mike Te Wierik

DerbyRam!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TomSaint said:

Hoping he turns into a hidden gem. A highly rated player abroad ?‍♂️ Every player we got in the transfer window apart from mtw has been brilliant. 

You answered your own question. Mtw is a fish out of water. Never cut out for English football. He’s not a hidden gem. 

47 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Literally every manager ever has said that. It means very little. I’m sure Rowett said the same, and he didn’t play Martin. Bet you didn’t believe him then though.

Martin was in a real low point with his illness around then. He couldn’t string a set of matches together. 
It was a mistake by Rowett that season to offset Martin as he was good cover alongside Winall and Nugent. 

26 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

You answered your own question. Mtw is a fish out of water. Never cut out for English football. He’s not a hidden gem. 

I feel a bit sorry for the bloke. 

He got off to a bad start and seeing him beaten by balls over his head as a centre half set off alarm bells. 

Also he's tall and skinny and doesn't measure up in a physical battle. 

But I thought he did okay in his last appearance and he hasn't featured since. 

He was pretty awful for the U23s. 

Given that it was Cocu who attracted him and that he's not getting game time I think it would be best for both parties if they parted company. 

10 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Martin was in a real low point with his illness around then. He couldn’t string a set of matches together. 
It was a mistake by Rowett that season to offset Martin as he was good cover alongside Winall and Nugent. 

Agreed. I was making a point that sometimes managers can be wrong, don’t worry haha

I don’t think it’s possible to judge him yet.

Ok it’s a long time ago, but david Nish - record British transfer - took ages to settle and be any good

MTW was trying too hard to impress. He was impulsive and lunging in.
At the end of the season we will currently only have three central defenders of our own.

wisdom, evans and Te wierik. 
so not sure that sending him back in January would be a good idea.

7 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I feel a bit sorry for the bloke. 

He got off to a bad start and seeing him beaten by balls over his head as a centre half set off alarm bells. 

Also he's tall and skinny and doesn't measure up in a physical battle. 

But I thought he did okay in his last appearance and he hasn't featured since. 

He was pretty awful for the U23s. 

Given that it was Cocu who attracted him and that he's not getting game time I think it would be best for both parties if they parted company. 

Can you imagine what CKR does to him in training? The players are very quick to judge if you’re up it to it and they’ve probably seen enough. One of the players now happens to be our manager as well so I guess his career at Derby is pretty much over.

Archived