Mike Te Wierik

DerbyRam!

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And risk shipping goals and losing games? After you Claude! ? 

Two Championship managers don't rate him. Plus a committee. But yeah as you say he might be good! 

We were shipping goals and losing games without him earlier in the season. I’m not advocating for him to come into the team now while we are keeping clean sheets.

To use your argument, three championship managers (Frank Lampard, Gary Rowett and Nigel Pearson) didn’t rate Chris Martin. Doesn’t always mean they’re a bad player, does it?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

We were shipping goals and losing games without him earlier in the season. I’m not advocating for him to come into the team now while we are keeping clean sheets.

To use your argument, three championship managers (Frank Lampard, Gary Rowett and Nigel Pearson) didn’t rate Chris Martin. Doesn’t always mean they’re a bad player, does it?

Oh for goodness sake. Have it your way. What a terrible waste MtW is the Chris Martin of defenders. He's not good enough. Do you really believe two managers in difficult situations would ignore a good player?! If only they knew as much as you. ?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh for goodness sake. Have it your way. What a terrible waste MtW is the Chris Martin of defenders. He's not good enough. Do you really believe two managers in difficult situations would ignore a good player?! If only they knew as much as you. ?

I’ve said nothing of the sort. I’m just saying your argument is easily discreditable, because managers aren’t always correct. As I’m sure you’re aware, with your relentless criticism of any decision Cocu made. I’m not trying to say that I’m certain Te Weirik is some sort of genius, I’m saying I think he deserved more of a chance than he got, given our situation. My personal view is that I think, given time, he would have worked out. That’s my opinion, and I wouldn’t say it’s an unreasonable view to have.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m saying I think he deserved more of a chance than he got, given our situation. My personal view is that I think, given time, he would have worked out. That’s my opinion, and I wouldn’t say it’s an unreasonable view to have.

Of course it's unreasonable. Experts disagree (I do too)!

I don't want to give him 'more of a chance', I want the manager to play the best defenders for us to win games. 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Of course it's unreasonable. Experts disagree (I do too)!

I don't want to give him 'more of a chance', I want the manager to play the best defenders for us to win games. 

So Cocu is an expert now then? That’s a big change from your other posts about him!

So it’s unreasonable to have a view different from a manager then? I agree, your constant complaining about Martin not playing was entirely unreasonable. The irony of your posts really is quite incredible Roy, you really are the gift that keeps on giving.

Doesn’t seem like you’ve actually comprehended my posts either. At no point have I suggested putting Te Weirik in the team now. We’re keeping clean sheets, no need to change anything. All I’ve said is that he should have been given more of a chance earlier in the season, and we shouldn’t bin him off yet.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

I agree, your constant complaining about Martin not playing was entirely unreasonable. The irony of your posts really is quite incredible Roy, you really are the gift that keeps on giving.

You're a troll joker, when MtW has played 10 Championship games come back and tell me what kind of player he is - you haven't a clue but it doesn't stop you blathering on about what potential he has. ?

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You're a troll joker, when MtW has played 10 Championship games come back and tell me what kind of player he is - you haven't a clue but it doesn't stop you blathering on about what potential he has. ?

To be fair you've been stitched up there.

Why did you not accept that it was experts that were not playing Chris Martin?

You can't have it both ways.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Again, the absolute irony? Honestly Roy you have to be doing this on purpose, it’s too funny! Literally the entire point of everything I’ve been saying is that MtW hasn’t played enough games to judge him! So there’s still a possibility he’d come good if we gave him a chance. Thanks for confirming my point for me, and rendering your argument nullified, because you judge how poor he is on such a small number of games either!

Absolute comedy gold?

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

To be fair you've been stitched up there.

Why did you not accept that it was experts that were not playing Chris Martin?

You can't have it both ways.

I'd didn't say it wasn't - Cocu played Chris Martin and didn't play MtW - what's your point? ?

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Literally the entire point of everything I’ve been saying is that MtW hasn’t played enough games to judge him!

Rooney has seen him in training. Listen to what he says - he's a bit of an expert, but not much of one - if you show in training you get to play. Not if you get to play you get to play! ?

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Rooney has seen him in training. Listen to what he says - he's a bit of an expert, but not much of one - if you show in training you get to play. Not if you get to play you get to play! ?

Rooney hasn’t made any comment on Te Weirik, so I’m not sure what you’re basing your opinion off there. But you admit you don’t have to have seen him play 10 games to judge him then, since you’ve judged him simply by the fact he isn’t playing. Another superb piece of irony Roy. 

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

But you admit you don’t have to have seen him play 10 games to judge him then, since you’ve judged him simply by the fact he isn’t playing. Another superb piece of irony Roy. 

No mate you can't read, I said Rooney has said if you train well you play. Get it?

Archived