Cocu playing games

Dcfcsr92

Is it me does anybody else think cocu playing games with Mel to make him buy a few attacking players ie only having a half fit Rooney as a attacking player on the bench Saturday and putting wisdom up top vs barrow? Is it me or is he just playing games as surely we would have a u23 on the bench 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Is it me does anybody else think cocu playing games with Mel to make him buy a few attacking players ie only having a half fit Rooney as a attacking player on the bench Saturday and putting wisdom up top vs barrow? Is it me or is he just playing games as surely we would have a u23 on the bench 

It’s you

22 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Would a bench full of u 23 s who have never played in the first team not have made the same point?

I had similar thoughts when he threw the U12s on second half against West Brom last season. Think it was more justified then though, after not getting the January signings he wanted. The sounds coming out the club make it seem like he’s being backed this window, so I don’t know what point he’d be making - other than hurry up I suppose!

Managers have always been backed, this is not a club where the manager needs to prove any points to show our weaknesses.

We’ve been under a soft embargo, that has delayed us from moving in the market and I’m sure Cocu has been made well aware of the situation.

I really don’t see any games being played.

2 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Perhaps we could all protest at this game playing by rioting in poo costumes outside the ground. 

9 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

The alternatives? We already had Bird, Knight, Sibley and Whittaker starting in the midfield areas with JBrown on the bench. We already knew Wisdom wouldn't last the game so that's one of the 3 subs accounted for (Byrne). Rooney was an obvious sub as well. We'd be very close to putting an U23 player on the bench just to make the bench "look more attacking"., despite no intent to field that player.

The youth sides are also stretched, with 15 year olds in the U18 squad and 16/17 year olds in the U23s. Why take a player away from playing a game if he (and the youth sides) are going to be worse off for it?

I keep saying this but we have Bielik, Holmes, Lawrence, Waghorn, Jozwiak and another forward still to add to this current squad. With everyone fully fit, you'd expect those 6 to be playing in every game - either from the start, or coming off the bench. Cocu won't be panicking, as he'll know his best forward players are currently missing. He'll be frustrated that luck seems to be constantly against him, but he absolutely would not be "playing games with Mel".

Archived