"Unacceptable"

IslandExile

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ask Rooney why not. 

You hated being proved wrong about Martin and it's happened again. Never mind I'm sure if he's crap at Bristol I'm sure you'll enjoy a Pyrrhic victory. ?

Why ask Rooney , we all know he doesn’t love Derby and never professsd to and never seen a singled Derby fan claim Rooney loves Derby so I’m a bit lost with the comparison  ? 
not really sure where proved wrong comes from ? About what? You know the figures involved ?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Archied said:

So are you saying it turns out Martin doesn’t love Derby county after all?

No but it was quite late on ( late September?) before he got a look in last season only to be put aside again. In

the matches at the end of the season he could hardly be called Cocu's first choice either. Given the way the various

managers treated him, even if he loved the club, a move was probably the best bet for him. He was the only forward who could play intricate passes with the likes of Sibley. The worst thing is not that Martin has gone but that he hasn't been replaced.

5 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Howe no, massively overrated because he's English. Had stacks of cash at Bournemouth paying crazy wages to get players, had huge cash in Champ as well. Average manager at best, couldn't cut it on a real budget at Burnley.

Saved Bournemouth from relegation out of the Football League then took them to two promotions before being given any decent funds in the Championship. Yeah, bang average.

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

As much as I dislike Eddie Howe just from his personality, not only is he proven at this level, but he also had Bournemouth up playing attractive football. I think he'd do well here.

Well that was my point. He is very good at his job. 

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

As much as I dislike Eddie Howe just from his personality, not only is he proven at this level, but he also had Bournemouth up playing attractive football. I think he'd do well here.

A few dollops of lovely Russian lolly helped him along of course.

Now if he still had those names in his little black book.........

There was about a 6-7 game period either side of lockdown where things started to click into place for us and we looked very good. For a whole half season we had ‘play off’ form. 

I’m not accepting that a poor performance and loss in the opening game means Cocu is the wrong man. 

Forest lost 2-0, Brentford lost too. Clubs fancied for promotion in other divisions (Peterborough) lost. 

Ill reserve judgement for when he has a fully fit squad that includes the types of forwards that he’s wanted since the day he arrived here. If at that point the football is like yesterday then yes, severe criticism is required. 

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

when he has a fully fit squad that includes the types of forwards that he’s wanted since the day he arrived here

When do you reckon that might be? Maybe he should just make the best of what he can get?! Perhaps players are put off coming here?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

When do you reckon that might be? Maybe he should just make the best of what he can get?! Perhaps players are put off coming here?

We have 16 senior experienced players, 4 of which are injured and 3 coming back from injury. We have only recently come out of a transfer embargo.

We have been a very poor team under previous managers when just losing two key players.

The complete lack of context and understanding shown recently is at times staggering. 

4 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

The complete lack of context and understanding shown recently is at times staggering. 

How much of that is Cocu's choice too? He's not exactly shown much wanting to sign players - don't want to block the youngsters? That's his meme?

Archived