Holiday Plans 2021

Sith Happens

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

If you take the test with you, you can submit the test without witnesses.

That seems incredible really, I've been looking at the rules since @Mostyn6 posed the question and it states it has to be a private provider, no NHS Tests to be used. 

The whole thing is pointless then, what a shambles.

I've just checked, and you can indeed take private tests with you, and just upload a photo to get a certificate.

Edited by Rev
Shambles

15 minutes ago, Rev said:

That seems incredible really, I've been looking at the rules since @Mostyn6 posed the question and it states it has to be a private provider, no NHS Tests to be used. 

The whole thing is pointless then, what a shambles.

I've just checked, and you can indeed take private tests with you, and just upload a photo to get a certificate.

Yes we said on our holiday that strictly speaking the one who takes the first test can do the rest if that person tests negative.

We did it legitimately I hasten to add.

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Yes we said on our holiday that strictly speaking the one who takes the first test can do the rest if that person tests negative.

We did it legitimately I hasten to add.

I didn't realise it was so easy to game the system. 

It's like the Life of Brian.

Crucifixion or not?

No mate, I've been pardoned.

2 hours ago, Rev said:

My cleaners off to Greece next week.

She's taking two lateral flow tests with her, if she fails the first she'll do the second one with water, then fly home and isolate! 

If it's anything like the LFT I did back in the spring then I don't think it will be quite as simple as using water. I had to put a few drops of blood into the receiving area meanings it's  was red rather than clear (as in water). Of course they can't prove she didn't use someone else's blood. 

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

If it's anything like the LFT I did back in the spring then I don't think it will be quite as simple as using water. I had to put a few drops of blood into the receiving area meanings it's  was red rather than clear (as in water). Of course they can't prove she didn't use someone else's blood. 

Now I'm getting confused.

I thought a lateral flow test was the saliva bud rubbed around the tonsils and throat?

1 minute ago, sage said:

What a delightful flight home that would be...for everyone else

I couldn't believe it, when the missus told me.

One hundred and fifty other people exposed to the Rona for three plus hours in a metal tube, plus all the other people she could infect on her journey, but she'll stop at home for a week after to be responsible!

I'm drawing up a list of all the spots she misses, as a punishment.

5 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

That is my understanding as well. And are we saying that the LFT we need to take before flying back cannot be an NaHS one or have i got this confused?

It can't be an NHS one. 

You can buy the same test privately from £19, and just submit a photo once done.

8 minutes ago, Rev said:

It can't be an NHS one. 

You can buy the same test privately from £19, and just submit a photo once done.

Is there a site to submit the photo to? The more i am looking into this the more i find out there is an extra step. Passenger locator form, day 2 return test to be booked before setting off so we have a number for the locator form. It is bonkers and a racket

34 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Just read on which website that iresult can be printed on paper with name and age and i suppose presented at passport control?

I know you need to log the reference number on the passenger locator form. It will reject it if it doesn't match the expected format. 

Just now, GboroRam said:

I know you need to log the reference number on the passenger locator form. It will reject it if it doesn't match the expected format. 

I thought this was for the PCR day 2 test (taken after arrival back in blighty) as opposed to the lateral flow pre flight test to be taken 3 days before getting on the return flight. Happy to be corrected!

9 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

I thought this was for the PCR day 2 test (taken after arrival back in blighty) as opposed to the lateral flow pre flight test to be taken 3 days before getting on the return flight. Happy to be corrected!

Sorry yes, that's correct - I thought that's what you meant. 

59 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I thought there had to be a certificate issued for the return home antigen test? 

As for being on a well air-controlled plane with someone, well better there than down the corner shop!

I can’t find anywhere confirming this!! 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I thought there had to be a certificate issued for the return home antigen test? 

As for being on a well air-controlled plane with someone, well better there than down the corner shop!

Apparently you just send the company a picture of your test, they then send you a certificate by email.