Holiday Plans 2021

Sith Happens

Trip to Melbourne next week canceled since they’re in lockdown so we’re throwing the tent in the back of the ute and heading north up the coast to Woodgate then across to Cania Gorge in Central Queensland and to Mundubbera, Central Queensland (my hometown). Love camping in the outback. Early October off to Tasmania for a couple of weeks and flights booked for the Uk May 21 next year. 

10 hours ago, Stagtime said:

Zempire tent set up in heavy rain at Woodgate Beach Central Queensland yesterday. Lovely Winter day today, 27deg but a bit humid.IMG_20210830_090649.thumb.jpg.fba07a45e0fbdf9f416d4416191a83f8.jpg

Nice that!  ?

Love winter camping, me.  So much better under the tree's though.  Stops the snow from weighing down the canvas.  Enjoy!  ?

45 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Well, quite.  So I gather.
I guess my little quip was borne out of sheer envy that you can use the term "Winter" and "27deg" in the same sentence!  ?

???

45 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Well, quite.  So I gather.
I guess my little quip was borne out of sheer envy that you can use the term "Winter" and "27deg" in the same sentence!  ?

???

No worries mate, I was just taking the piss, I do worry whether my Aussie sense of humour comes over a bit weird sometimes. Last night here before we head inland to the bush. Here's a dusk shot looking north.IMG20210830171941.thumb.jpg.568578758056f1649621ca43522e7745.jpg

5 hours ago, Stagtime said:

No worries mate, I was just taking the piss, 

And long may it continue... as it should, with weather like yours!

... As long as you keep posting the pics, of course!  I can cope with the piss taking and envy, whilst they come with a view!  ? 

I'll post you a pic of my tent next week... probably under grey skies, and a constant threat of UK rain!  

Edited by Mucker1884

6 hours ago, Stagtime said:

No worries mate, I was just taking the piss, I do worry whether my Aussie sense of humour comes over a bit weird sometimes. Last night here before we head inland to the bush. Here's a dusk shot looking north.IMG20210830171941.thumb.jpg.568578758056f1649621ca43522e7745.jpg

is it too cold for salties at this time of year

Off to North Wales in a cottage for a week on the 11th September.

The weather is looking grim but, having not had a holiday for three years now (my wife and I realised recently that, apart from one night in hospital each after operations, neither of us have spent a night away from home since June 2018) and after a particularly bad year on the personal front, I’m just grateful to get away.

Does anyone know when you are meant to complete a passenger locator form? As in, do you fill it in the day you go, or can you fill it in a week or so before? I'm assuming it asks for dates of travel.

Ok. Seems it's 72 hours before traveling . Ignore ?

Edited by ketteringram

56 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Does anyone know when you are meant to complete a passenger locator form? As in, do you fill it in the day you go, or can you fill it in a week or so before? I'm assuming it asks for dates of travel.

Ok. Seems it's 72 hours before traveling . Ignore ?

It won’t let you do it early. As soon as you enter arrival date and time, it’ll tell ya to piss off and come back later. 

1 hour ago, Rev said:

My cleaners off to Greece next week.

She's taking two lateral flow tests with her, if she fails the first she'll do the second one with water, then fly home and isolate! 

Dont you have to do it in front if a clinical professional?

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Dont you have to do it in front if a clinical professional?

No idea, it was the missus she spoke to.

She's under the impression that all you do is take a picture of the test next to your open passport, and jobs a good un.

Is that not the case?