Leeds United Premier League Adventures

Day

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

15 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Incidentally, speaking of teams with an * next to their league title. Check out Rangers in 1891. Scandalous!

More scandalous that Derby had the deciding vote to promote Arsenal who finished 5th in Division 2 in 1919 and relegate Spurs because they finished in the relegation zone 4 years earlier.

Still bloody there.

17 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

More scandalous that Derby had the deciding vote to promote Arsenal who finished 5th in Division 2 in 1919 and relegate Spurs because they finished in the relegation zone 4 years earlier.

Still bloody there.

So Arsenal bribed their way into the old 1st Division.  And Man Utd only stayed up the previous season by fixing a match with Liverpool. 

Clearly to undo this historical wrong the only fair thing to do is relegate Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool to League 1 next season. Obviously all those clubs League titles in the intervening years are now null and void. 

Although let's not look too closely at the clubs who accepted those bribes from Arsenal, we have to draw the line somewhere!!

19 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

were the laws of the game changed? seems legit enough to me....as long as that vile green club dont get another one this year thats all that matters.. haha

How could it be legit...they finished second on goal difference and then drew a play off.  If that's not a whopping great asterisk next to a title, then there is no such thing. 

For me the extremists in the Green and Blue halves of Glasgow are equally unpleasant.

5 minutes ago, Highgate said:

How could it be legit...they finished second on goal difference and then drew a play off.  If that's not a whopping great asterisk next to a title, then there is no such thing. 

For me the extremists in the Green and Blue halves of Glasgow are equally unpleasant.

Before goal difference was used to determine winners, so they were joint winners, like the laws of the game dictated.. no asterix needed on this one.

Only one half of Glasgow is vile.

10 in a row... ha ha...unlucky Neil..

3 hours ago, David said:

I think Jacob is flirting with me. He’s crackers if he thinks I’ll ever date a Leeds fan. Doesn’t matter how much he butters me up.

This reminds me, I saw it on Gogglebox, the episode of undateables where the Leeds fan takes his bird to a match? Amazing TV! 

19 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

But Rangers haven't got 10 in a row....and neither have the vile club...thanks to the mighty teddy bears! ha ha

I thought they did and Celtic were chasing it.  They already have 51 titles according to stats. Not even worth worrying about if they have the same consecutive wins and a European cup.