Leeds United Premier League Adventures

Day

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

• 1 month later...
On 27/11/2020 at 21:11, David said:

Sheff Utd will finish above them. Calling it now.

Maybe something like a 12 month ban on making predictions should be in order?  ?

Mind you, I can't talk.  I had Liverpool for the Premier League this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to demonstrate how angry this European Super League nonsense has made me, I am actively rooting for Leeds tonight. The "big six" have screwed up so much that they've somehow made Leeds the good guys.
It's a shame this game's behind closed doors, because, give them their dues, I'm sure a packed out Elland Road with a sizeable Liverpool away support would have an awful lot to chant about if they were allowed in.

2 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Good to see Leeds taking a stance, reckon wearing some t shirts will probably stop it.

A1163358-EF7C-4493-8196-E4AE09D97BA8.jpeg

Suppose it's better than a manager of a championship club looking after his own future interests by mumbling for two minutes about owners of these clubs know what their doing, who are the top six clubs I'm not sure, lt's going to happen and clubs in lower leagues will be looked after so that's good. Cover all bases mate.

Stand up Mr Rooney.

4 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I hope the Liverpool players protest it themselves and when the whistle goes to start play they sit down and refuse to take part in the game. Never happen though obviously.

Should have happened, missed chance to show the world

What is this mumble mouthed drivel from Klopp. Six cans on the team coach I reckon

"I heard they have warm-up shirts but we will not wear them, we cannot, and if somebody thinks you have to remind us that you have to earn a go in the Champions League, that's a joke. A real joke.

"They put it in our dressing room and, if it was Leeds' idea, thank you very much, nobody has to remind us, maybe they should remind themselves."

What I really don't like is that Liverpool Football Club is much more than some decisions and the most important part of football are the supporters and the team.

"We have to make sure that nothing gets in between that as I heard there have been banners taken down at Anfield and I don't understand that, as the players didn't do anything wrong.

"We have to stick together and, when other people from other clubs use our anthem against us, I don't like that as well.

"We can show that nobody has to walk alone at these moments - there are things we have to sort, obviously, but it's nothing to do with football or the relationship between the supporters and the team.

"It's really important because, in tough times, you have to show that you stick together. That doesn't mean you have to agree to everything but, again, the boys didn't do anything wrong, so I really want to make sure that everyone knows that."

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

What is this mumble mouthed drivel from Klopp. Six cans on the team coach I reckon

"I heard they have warm-up shirts but we will not wear them, we cannot, and if somebody thinks you have to remind us that you have to earn a go in the Champions League, that's a joke. A real joke.

"They put it in our dressing room and, if it was Leeds' idea, thank you very much, nobody has to remind us, maybe they should remind themselves."

What I really don't like is that Liverpool Football Club is much more than some decisions and the most important part of football are the supporters and the team.

"We have to make sure that nothing gets in between that as I heard there have been banners taken down at Anfield and I don't understand that, as the players didn't do anything wrong.

"We have to stick together and, when other people from other clubs use our anthem against us, I don't like that as well.

"We can show that nobody has to walk alone at these moments - there are things we have to sort, obviously, but it's nothing to do with football or the relationship between the supporters and the team.

"It's really important because, in tough times, you have to show that you stick together. That doesn't mean you have to agree to everything but, again, the boys didn't do anything wrong, so I really want to make sure that everyone knows that."

Good to see Liverpool players showing that the most important thing to them is the supporters, by refusing to wear shirts saying that 'football is for the fans'. I pretty much think that they are all wondering how much more money their agent will be able to get them.

If the lot of them sat down on kick off, with prior agreement with Leeds, and took off their Liverpool shirts to reveal a football is for the fans statement (possibly with an 'but we all hate Leeds' addendum) then that would show the world what they thought. Instead they are probably calling their social media fixer to ask their personal watch vendor to pop round with something tasteful and gold and diamondy, as they rub their hands with dollar signs in their eyes and sink to their knees to suck down Satan's black worm jism, as Bill Hicks would probably say.

I truly belong to the generation who has fallen out of love with the game and those involved with it. Give me Gary Micklewhite and Bobby Davison any day of the week.

5 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Good to see Liverpool players showing that the most important thing to them is the supporters, by refusing to wear shirts saying that 'football is for the fans'. I pretty much think that they are all wondering how much more money their agent will be able to get them.

If the lot of them sat down on kick off, with prior agreement with Leeds, and took off their Liverpool shirts to reveal a football is for the fans statement (possibly with an 'but we all hate Leeds' addendum) then that would show the world what they thought. Instead they are probably calling their social media fixer to ask their personal watch vendor to pop round with something tasteful and gold and diamondy, as they rub their hands with dollar signs in their eyes and sink to their knees to suck down Satan's black worm jism, as Bill Hicks would probably say.

I truly belong to the generation who has fallen out of love with the game and those involved with it. Give me Gary Micklewhite and Bobby Davison any day of the week.

I think maybe, and I guess this is what Klopp was getting at in his roundabout way,  is that it’s a bit disrespectful to all the Liverpool’s previous European achievements to wear that shirt. As much as I don’t personally like Liverpool, there’s players on the pitch for them who have earnt it. 

As you say, if Leeds wanted to make a statement the best thing was to probably talk to Liverpool about making a unified and more powerful statement. Instead it comes across a bit Leeds-y in that it’s all for show but with little substance.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

How have they not sacked him yet.?

ramblings of a mad man. 

the victims had the perfect chance to make a statement tonight but of course they didn’t because they are spineless.