Nathan Baxter

Kyle guest

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Previous loan spells include Yeovil, Ross County, Woking and Solihull Moors.

Played 14 games last season in Scotland, 26 conceded, 3 clean sheets, then was ruled out with a shoulder injury.

Played near enough a full season with Yeovil year before - 34 games, 45 conceded, 11 clean sheets.

Not that its entirely fair to judge a keeper on defensive stats alone...

Looks like he was on loan at Ross County last season, where a shoulder injury kept him out for the start of his loan, he had an uninspiring run of games where he struggled to keep many clean sheets and was ultimately dropped before the end of the season. He did slightly better with Yeovil in League Two the year before. 

It's hard to find out more. I can see that Yeovil fans seemed to rate him - he has been on trial with Swindon: 

Chelsea fans also seem to rate him. In fairness, Ross County fans don't seem to hate him - they were surprised when he was dropped. I think they have a very bad team. 

As others have already said, I'd rather develop one of our own (Ravas) than bring in a youth player from somewhere else to develop. We don't need a youngster. We need someone with at least a bit of Championship (or higher) experience e.g. Zack Steffen or Joe Hart. I notice David Stockdale is out of contract too... not young anymore, but a good passer for a GK.

8 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Based on what though? This guy could turn out great for all we know. 

Same could be said for Ravas of course but we don’t know that.

Based on it's unlikely this guy is great, but if so we'll have to send him back.

Stats don't look great but they're a bit subjective I'd assume inasmuch that don't balance with how many goal opportunities he stopped.  That said, we have Ravas, also a good prospect.  I think we need an experienced head (with body, arms and legs attached) between the sticks, not a developing young loanee.  Gladly be proven wrong but I'm a no thanks at the moment. 

2 hours ago, whiteroseram said:

Would you loan us a young keeper with our recent track record? 

This would all come down to the relationship with Shay Given. If Frank and Jody rate him and still have a good relationship, then it's a deal we should be able to make. (if indeed we do want this guy as the story goes) 

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Looks like he was on loan at Ross County last season, where a shoulder injury kept him out for the start of his loan, he had an uninspiring run of games where he struggled to keep many clean sheets and was ultimately dropped before the end of the season. He did slightly better with Yeovil in League Two the year before. 

It's hard to find out more. I can see that Yeovil fans seemed to rate him - he has been on trial with Swindon: 

Chelsea fans also seem to rate him. In fairness, Ross County fans don't seem to hate him - they were surprised when he was dropped. I think they have a very bad team. 

Looks like we are releasing Hector-Ingram. 

Archived