Which 5 past Derby players would get us up...

gccrowdpleaser

GK: Grant - Would fit exactly how Cocu wants to play.

CB: Tomori - Tricky this one but I'm assuming Te Wierik is the replacement for Keogh and a right sided CB. Therefore I've gone for Tomori due to being more comfortable there.

CM: Hughes - Would fit in like he never left. Was mulling him over against Mount but whilst I think Mount is probably a better player, I think Hughes as a player who can drift easily between lines and play slightly deeper is probably more what we miss. There is also a major element of nostalgia admittedly.

RW: Ince - Pretty straight forward one this one. 

LW: Ibe - Pace, power and directness is something we could really use.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m not so sure, I think he’d do well in that number 10 role.

This might be controversial but I don't think he'd suit even there and I think Sibley might be a better player. Whenever Vydra played # 10 I always thought he primarily looked like a poacher who just started from a deeper position and never really showed for the ball or looked like linking or creating. With how we are developing I just don't think  he would suit as we can't really afford a player who isn't going to look to get on the ball in midfield.

3 hours ago, brady1993 said:

GK: Grant - Would fit exactly how Cocu wants to play.

CB: Tomori - Tricky this one but I'm assuming Te Wierik is the replacement for Keogh and a right sided CB. Therefore I've gone for Tomori due to being more comfortable there.

CM: Hughes - Would fit in like he never left. Was mulling him over against Mount but whilst I think Mount is probably a better player, I think Hughes as a player who can drift easily between lines and play slightly deeper is probably more what we miss. There is also a major element of nostalgia admittedly.

RW: Ince - Pretty straight forward one this one. 

LW: Ibe - Pace, power and directness is something we could really use.

Grant ... lol ?.....that was funny

3 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Superb. But no Hector? *

* you have to pronounce Hector in a David Coleman voice

Oh good question @Ellafella.  Zak is one of my favourite ever players and it was either him or Archie in the 5 on the basis that we currently need a stronger defence and Charlie is still the best footballer I have ever seen in a Rams shirt.

Archie won out because he would bring great skills (including goals) but also more obvious aggression and leadership. In my view, despite Rooney, we really need both elements in the current squad and team if we are to progress. We need a Van de Laan type if we can’t find another Archie, or a Willie Carlin - Archie did the same as both of them, but better.

Archived